Teenagers 18 to 20

aquawater

I know people have spoke of this before - but I can't find any links. I'm travelling January 2012 on the Caribbean Princess with two 18 year olds and a 16 year old. They used to love the Teen Center for meeting other teens, but now two of them are "too old" and the 16 year old doesn't want to go without them. So my question is what is available to them in the evening other than the shows? I believe they are welcome in Club Fusion. Any help would be appreciated.

The 18 year olds will be able to get into the night club at skywalkers. It depends where the ship is going as for how many people their age will be there.. I did British Isles and since it was more for an older crowd, I was pretty much the only person still awake past 12 haha As for the 16 year old, he/she will not be allowed in the club at night but they have karaoke and such as night that they can all go to. I know you stated the 16 year old did not want to go alone but honestly, im sure they will have tons of fun alone. i ditched my sister my entire cruise and met some amazing people on my own. It may be their only option while their siblings are at the night club.

On my son's second cruise, he was 19 and eventually met kids his age in the nightclub. We'd see him and his posse roaming the ship every night thereafter. He had a lot of fun and still corresponds with many of them.

We have just returned from the alaska Golden Princess cruise.

They did a few events for the "sub 21's" IE the 18 to 21 group to meet people.This was a great idea and important to get there the first time this is offered to meet others.

Thanks everyone, I know they'll meet up with other teens, my DD 18 is a magnet to people, but for the DD 16 she is very much the opposite poll. If she isn't with the others she'll curl up in a corner and read and complain there is nothing to do. So this is why I'm trying to figure out what they can do together. Trying to see if someone knows of anything they can do that is equivalent to "clubbing". If the some of the night clubs "let" my DD 16 in that would be great. I also know that they have to draw the line somewhere.

They can also speak to the cruise director or his staff who will put a 'meet up' into the patter. Since a lot of his staff are in their early 20s they have a definite empathy for the plight of the 18-20s who fall into that gap between clubs and bars.

Thanks everyone, I know they'll meet up with other teens, my DD 18 is a magnet to people, but for the DD 16 she is very much the opposite poll. If she isn't with the others she'll curl up in a corner and read and complain there is nothing to do. So this is why I'm trying to figure out what they can do together. Trying to see if someone knows of anything they can do that is equivalent to "clubbing". If the some of the night clubs "let" my DD 16 in that would be great. I also know that they have to draw the line somewhere.

I have a 14 year old DD who is 5'9" and is regularly mistaken for a senior in high school or even older. I was really rather worried on our last two cruises that someone would hit on her thinking she was an adult. But she stuck with the teens and away from the bars. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by "clubbing." I'm not really sure it's a great idea to have your 16 year old (who is, after all, still a minor) hang out with adults who will be drinking and partying. I apologize in advance if I've midunderstood what you meant.:o Try to encourage her to go to the first night of the teen program and hope she meets some nice teens her age to hang out with. That has worked well for our DD.

Thank you BILLET that is a great suggestion. I never really deal with the staff but this is definitely a reason to speak with them and see what they can come up with. Their guidance and knowledge will be much appreciated. It is definitely a plight for the 18-20 year old group.

As for JungleJane I understand where you are coming from.

I hope they meet up with some teens on the basketball court. This always seems to be the place where they've had most fun and they should meet up with some teens from the Teen Center that they can hang out with.

Thank you BILLET that is a great suggestion. I never really deal with the staff but this is definitely a reason to speak with them and see what they can come up with. Their guidance and knowledge will be much appreciated. It is definitely a plight for the 18-20 year old group.

As for JungleJane I understand where you are coming from.

I hope they meet up with some teens on the basketball court. This always seems to be the place where they've had most fun and they should meet up with some teens from the Teen Center that they can hang out with.

Thank you. The cruise staff actually enjoy hanging out with them too, it makes a break from their normal routine and people.

Yeah the 16 year old def wont be allowed in the club. They do check ID's. I even let my friend who is 17 borrow my bartending license to try to get in (as you must be at least 18 to be a bartender) and they still wouldnt allow it, it had to be a drivers/passport. So basically the only things they can all do together would be the shows, comedians, karaoke, ect. Anywhere except Skywalkers. Hope this helps a little. They will have fun regardless =]

Archived