Dreams or other AI

ugagal07

We are looking at going to Dreams or another AI while in La Romana. I've found the daily rates but can't find taxi rates. Anyone have experience with taxi cost?

Also, anyone strongly recommend one AI over another?

Thanks!

I haven't been to Dreams, but the front desk staff, Marlen specifically, has been great communicating me and answering my questions.

It is $60 per person, payable by cash or credit card upon arrival, for the 10:30-5:30 day pass, all inclusive.

They also responded that they have a taxi company on stand by that can take us back to the ship. I'd read on the boards where people were afraid of getting back without paying their driver to wait for them. Marlen said it would be $35 for the taxi each way.

Like I said, I haven't been but am interested in going and wanted to share what I learned in case others were interested too. I will post a review after we visit next year. If anyone has other info about Dreams, or a review of it, I'd love to hear about it.

My wife and I spent a week there when it was Casa del Mar. It was in the transition stage with only half of the rooms renovated. It was great then and it's obviously only gotten better. Nice beach, not to long, but great white sand and turquoise water. Very friendly staff and two large pools. One a sports pool and the other a swim up bar. Hot tub too. Best AI in the area.

Regarding the taxi situation, I would share a taxi if at all possible. The fare is usually for the cab with a maximum of 5 allowed per trip. Go there, you will enjoy it. Not much else in the area unless you are interested in island tours by speedboat.

• 3 months later...

hubby and I were planning to do Dreams AI in December when we visit La Romana with CCL. The AI day passs is $60pp which we felt was very reasonable HOWEVER the quote I received from Cocotours for a "ride" to the resort was ridiculous!!! I was told $60pp roundtrip in a shared van $70pp in a private vehicle....... REALLY???? The trip to GET to the AI costs MORE than our entire day????? Looks like we will be spending the day on the ship unless something more reasonable comes along!! any thoughts or suggestions??

I spent at week at Dreams in 2009 with my husband and then 9-year-old daughter. We had a fantastic time! I can't speak to the taxi situation to and from the hotel, but the grounds were pretty, the beach was nice, and the pools were great. My daughter loved all the little crabs and lizards along the rocky parts of the shore. We will be stopping in La Romana on a cruise in June 2012 and are considering this excursion - we thought it might be nice to return to the hotel for a day. My one complaint - the food was blah the whole week we were there.

• 4 weeks later...
We are looking at going to Dreams or another AI while in La Romana. I've found the daily rates but can't find taxi rates. Anyone have experience with taxi cost?

Also, anyone strongly recommend one AI over another?

Thanks!

Just went to Dreams last week from the Carnival Miracle. Not a ship excursion, arranged before leaving home. $60pp 10-5pm. No transportation provided at all. We planned on getting a taxi at the dock but we were put in large vans that held 11 ppl and they charged us $10pp each way. There were 24 of us all together. Dreams price included food, drinks, beach, pools, activities, towels etc. Just no room. Great day and totally recommend! Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived