If I ran RCI I would change...

I haven't read this posted here yet. I would like to see some better pricing for solo cruisers. Maybe add it as a Crown and Anchor reward. How about a percentage off the full cabin price that rises as one rises in the C&A Rewards program. Solo cruising shouldn't be as difficult as it is right now. And I don't think solo cruisers should have to take inside rooms to get a good deal.

Pamela

We (DW/DH) would try Oasis or Allure as a 4 or 5 day cruise but can't do

them as 7 days, because of our work schedules.

(This year we've done two 5 dayers on NOS with two more

NOS in the books. Possibility that I will solo on LOS 5 dayer in Jan).

But we are real close to Port Everglades....so those 5 dayers work for us.

We do understand that people flying in want longer cruises or BTBs.

:cool::cool:

Having been on 6 cruises with balconies, I have NEVER been bothered by anyone smoking on a balcony.

As for bottled water, the cruise line should charge about $10 a bottle. The ship water is better than anything coming in a bottle. You want bottled water, pay for it.

I drink the ships water too but it would be nice to have a bottle to take off the ship into port. It is unsanitary and gross that people fill water bottles they drank from at community taps on the ship. I know they tell people not to but there are people out there who don't get it. Yes you could fill it from glasses but this is just as wasteful as a bottle, b/c they will end up having 3 more glasses to wash if every passenger filled their own water bottle this way.

You are fortunate that you have never been bothered by smoke on a balcony. However others have and I don't want to spend my hard earned money on a luxury like a balcony only to be limited as to when I can use it b/c of smoke.

I see communication as a shortfall for RCI. I do not get promo emails, did not know about Diamonds in December, and did not know about the "Bring A Friend" promotion. I'd like to be alerted when there is a military discount or a resident special. If other websites can do it, surely RCI could figure it out, too.

You'd think that e-blasts would be a given with a multi-million dollar company.

We all complain about spam and yet here's a company whose newsletters we'd like to receive and instead ... it's dead silence.

I know the room attendants are not allowed now to empty it but we hate having the bar people come check in our cabin all the time when we don't want it checked or filled.

Even if the bar people empty it they still visit daily to check.

Well, I didn't know the bar people were in and out daily. Stocked refrigerator items are such a nuisance and my #1 pet peeve. I can't remember what ship we were on when the cabin steward told me that they no longer removed them. I bet I misunderstood and that he meant that stewards could no longer perform that task. This is a good subject for another thread. "Who uses the prestocked items!" It seems to me that those who use them could pre-order like you do flowers, wine, etc. And, I've also wondered about the freshness. You can't take a Coke back and forth from room temperature to a refrigerator - back and forth and back and forth without the drink developing that metal taste. And, who knows where it's been as some people store these things in their suitcases and then refilling the night prior to departure. (Suitcases with dirty underwear, I might add.) When we were in Canada, we were having a breakdown for Mexican food so we stopped at Wendy's for a Taco Salad. They handed me refrigerated salad dressing. I gave it back to them saying we only used the chili and salsa. She trashed it saying they could not restock any food items that had been in a customer's hands. I do have other things to worry about - ha - but, seriously, I'd like for the mini 'frig to be for my convenience rather than having the ship trying to sell junk food.

Well, I didn't know the bar people were in and out daily. Stocked refrigerator items are such a nuisance and my #1 pet peeve. I can't remember what ship we were on when the cabin steward told me that they no longer removed them. I bet I misunderstood and that he meant that stewards could no longer perform that task. This is a good subject for another thread. "Who uses the prestocked items!" It seems to me that those who use them could pre-order like you do flowers, wine, etc. And, I've also wondered about the freshness. You can't take a Coke back and forth from room temperature to a refrigerator - back and forth and back and forth without the drink developing that metal taste. And, who knows where it's been as some people store these things in their suitcases and then refilling the night prior to departure. (Suitcases with dirty underwear, I might add.) When we were in Canada, we were having a breakdown for Mexican food so we stopped at Wendy's for a Taco Salad. They handed me refrigerated salad dressing. I gave it back to them saying we only used the chili and salsa.

She trashed it saying they could not restock any food items that had been in a customer's hands. I do have other things to worry about - ha - but, seriously, I'd like for the mini 'frig to be for my convenience rather than having the ship trying to sell junk food.

I too think it should be an option you request. No need to take up the time of the staff checking an empty fridge.....

we had a charge for a bottle of water we never used, they reversed the charge. We never opened the fridge!

Then on departure day we found a half empty bottle of water partly under the sofa?? That was a mystery.......

Less people entering our cabin the better.

I too think it should be an option you request. No need to take up the time of the staff checking an empty fridge.....

we had a charge for a bottle of water we never used, they reversed the charge. We never opened the fridge!

Then on departure day we found a half empty bottle of water partly under the sofa?? That was a mystery.......

Less people entering our cabin the better.

Never opened the fridge. Got charged twice, and it was not like a couple of bucks. One charge was $22.

Second time I spoke to a manager, told him in no uncertain terms this had to stop.

...I would NOT change Radiance class ships ( no movie screen by pool).

Build more Radiance class ships.

Agreed. I wasn't even aware that some of the ships had movie screens.

Rather unfortunate, as I disliked the screen when I sailed Caribbean Princess last year.

I drink the ships water too but it would be nice to have a bottle to take off the ship into port.....

The ships water is great. They should offer the water in bottles.

Re-usable bottles even better. Selling bottled spring water is totally unnecessary.

Well, I didn't know the bar people were in and out daily. Stocked refrigerator items are such a nuisance and my #1 pet peeve. I can't remember what ship we were on when the cabin steward told me that they no longer removed them...

As I mentioned in a previous post, that's not always true.

We've had our fridge emptied on every ship we've sailed, usually within a couple of hours of boarding. ;)

We then fill it with items we purchase during the cruise.

Two things:

1) Add the Weather Channel to the TV lineup in the staterooms. Want to see what's going on back home.

2) Open a "REAL, Genuine" Sports bar. Large Screen TV's,surround sound, hot wings, nacho's, etc, etc, I would not even mind paying extra for the food, just to hang out and watch the big game!

(not to forget the bar itself.)

Every Cruise I have been on there is something big going on in the sports world, and not a good venue to watch it with fellow sports enthusiasts.

I think they would make money, unlike the Champagne Bar that I have never seen crowded.

On the same note. Reduce the number of bars, but make those 6 so memorable larger than life (something that RCI is very good at), exciting like people gathered around a Vegas craps table

Maybe add lounges with video walls, sports, wii competitions (NCL)

I just hate seeing 12 identical bars, with only 2 or so that are lively at a time. Think "Cocktail"

More shows, continue to leverage branded foods. Dominos/pizza hut pizza. w/without extra charges.

Continue to look at ways to reduce smoking throughout the ship.

Continue to create unique experiences/ spaces.

Decide which brand is going to be the main focus. Think Detroit Here.

Chevy, Buick, Cadilliac

Royal, Celebrity, Azmura

Dont make Azmura so different, Make it Luxury yes, Extreme Luxury, yes. But look at ways to attract the Celebrity brand guests want to aspire to it. Make Celebrity a line similar to RCI but again more than RCI. Reduce what you have to give up in order to move up the chain. How to do this exactly I dont know. Use RCI brand to bring customers into the fold and encourage them to aspire to move up the chain.

Archived