Taking Alcohol on Board

Hi,

We have just booked Thomson Spirit for 2012 out of Newcastle and was wondering if they allow you to take any alcohol with you. When we have done Thomson cruises before we have always taken the drinks package, but these do not seem to be offered on the cruises leaving from a port in the UK and was just wondering if we could take a couple of bottles of wine or maybe a bottle of malt whisky with us.

Thanks

Jean

No problem taking alcohol on board.

When we did the Baltic + St Petersburg we took alcohol & mixers on board thereby cutting the bill down. Still had wine at dinner & a drink in the bar beforehand as we didn't want to miss out on the camaraderie!!!

Not sure about cruises from the UK but we had done 3 Thomson cruises - Red Sea, Caribbean and the Med and have always been able to buy duty free spirits on board at very good prices - cheaper than the airport duty frees.

Are there fridges in the Spirit cabins? I didn't notice any mention of a fridge in the brochure (which was a surprise I must admit!). Deluxe and above had a "minibar"

but the standard rooms had nothing specified...

Are there fridges in the Spirit cabins? I didn't notice any mention of a fridge in the brochure (which was a surprise I must admit!). Deluxe and above had a "minibar"

but the standard rooms had nothing specified...

the mini bars in deluxe cabins are fridges

Myself and Jim the Scot (one bloody s )another chap same liner :p never take Anything as regards the DEMON drink on board a cruise , especially on the Dream , and of course we have our own Butler who brings soft drinks and water to our cabin if needs be WE are both gentlemen of the old brigade of chaps who do not need alcohol to enjoy "ourselefs .. oourselves" oh whatever ..sorry was just pouring another g & t for BH......... hicc :D !

Stevie (back on Dream next year )

PS Jim Hope we do not meet up on the Dream, i may have to buy u a drink

(we will both be AI ?) or in AO :eek:

Having booked our first cruise, Destiny C.Coasts, chosen cabin, paid for the All Inc. I would like to know (specially from the G ´n T brigade !) If the tonic on board is out of the squirty (multi for coke/fanta/sprite) machine cos I just hate getting some of the previous in my drink. Fussy wot, so my question is, can we buy cans or bottles of (schwepps, told you i was fussy) either from the shop or cabin service, at additional cost of course. OR should I use up my luggage allowance & drag some on board ? just kiddin´!! mari

expat exonian,

Mixers are out of tins not the scooshy guff.However,when you ask for say a vodka and coke ask for a tin of coke,the same applies with a G`n T with say schwepps.No extra cost.

If you don`t they will use tins lying opened on the bar from previous orders so if you do not aqsk for a tin of your preferred mixer you`ll end up with a flat mixer/drink.Nothing worse.

A man of Good Taste !! I thought you might be the expert on the subject !

Didn´t want to appear even more eccentric.... but flat tonic, I´d rather cut my arm off....though not the drinking one !! Thanks, oh and Cheers

:D

Jim it is Saturday night/day are we on deck 6/7/8 which ship are we on ?:D

:D It certainly is and I`m just in after a few snifters.The Dream,Deck 6 outside plus.;)

Archived