Heading to BDA with a toddler-What not to forget?

sadiwest

I've cruised many times, but this is our first trip with a baby (16 months old by the time we cruise mid August).

I'm making a list....and just in case I'm forgetting something (as I always do)...what can I NOT forget to bring for our little one? (Of course, diapers, wipes, etc, will be first in the bags. We also have to bring food because table food isn't going too well for her).

Suggestions? No matter how small it seems...give me them all :)

Thanks!

Sandi

Let's see...

-meds (definitely Tylenol and Benadryl, if nothing else)

-baby sun lotion

-sun hat

-sand toys or something for the baby to do on the beach

-we like to bring small garbage bags in order to dispose of um, the smellier diapers in the cabin- we bring the scented ones and when they're tied closed, they don't stink up the cabin

-toothbrush/toothpaste

-swim diapers (for the beach, not the pool ;))

-any snacks you want to bring- of course there's lots of food available on the ship, but we liked bringing sealed individual packages to take off the ship with us, like small bags of Goldfish or Gerber yogurt melts

-along with the snacks, any kind of dining item she requires, if any- baby spoons, bowls, snack trap, sippy cup (and if you bring a sippy cup, I'd also bring a small bottle of dishwasher soap to clean it out at the end of the day)

-some kind of stain treatment

Let's see...

-meds (definitely Tylenol and Benadryl, if nothing else)

-baby sun lotion

-sun hat

-sand toys or something for the baby to do on the beach

-we like to bring small garbage bags in order to dispose of um, the smellier diapers in the cabin- we bring the scented ones and when they're tied closed, they don't stink up the cabin

-toothbrush/toothpaste

-swim diapers (for the beach, not the pool ;))

-any snacks you want to bring- of course there's lots of food available on the ship, but we liked bringing sealed individual packages to take off the ship with us, like small bags of Goldfish or Gerber yogurt melts

-along with the snacks, any kind of dining item she requires, if any- baby spoons, bowls, snack trap, sippy cup (and if you bring a sippy cup, I'd also bring a small bottle of dishwasher soap to clean it out at the end of the day)

-some kind of stain treatment

Thank you for the suggestions! I wasn't sure they even made baby Benadryl and sent DH to go looking for it today. :) GMTA

I believe it's children's Benadryl- look up the dose before you leave and write it on the bottle! DS had an allergic reaction while we were out of town one time and our mad rush to Walgreens was very scary. Because of that we never travel without it- you never know. We still don't know what he reacted to but we'll be prepared if it happens again!

Maybe not a tip, but more of a heads up - ships generally just use a folded up regular bed sheet for the bottom of the pack n play. If not having a snug fitted sheet for your baby's bed weirds you out, I would bring a pack n play sheet of your own. It will also smell like home, which may be comforting for her, so that's a bonus, too.

Maybe not a tip, but more of a heads up - ships generally just use a folded up regular bed sheet for the bottom of the pack n play. If not having a snug fitted sheet for your baby's bed weirds you out, I would bring a pack n play sheet of your own. It will also smell like home, which may be comforting for her, so that's a bonus, too.

I will also be traveling with a 16 month old in November and the sheet is a great idea!

Instead of regular small trash bags arm and hammer makes diaper trash bags. You can find them at Walmart, Target, etc. They come in small rolls with a dispenser that can be attached to a key chain, purse, diaper bag..... I love them because they are just the right size to tie a diaper up in and it locks in the odor. They are relatively inexpensive and super useful.

Pedialyte is a great idea that I forgot to mention. We hate the dreaded stomach flu but even worse would be to be at sea with nothing to help the kiddos! We didn't end up using it onboard but just brought it home and used it when the flu did eventually find us! The powder packets are light and easy to pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Michelle, that would be awesome! Happy 2nd birthday to Scotty!

Our GD Tessa will be 2 in September. I'll always be grateful to you during that cruise. You kept putting my mind at ease when I saw how well you were doing. It was like having my own daughter on a cruise with us.

Love,

PAT

PS January 14, 2012...Norwegian Jewel out of NYC...Hope to see you.

Plus you only have to take 4 days of vacation since MLK Day is the 16th.

Archived