Flights to Tahiti

It was the one way jaw drop fares from Tahiti to Sydney that killed our plans to cruise from Honolulu to Tahiti and fly home to Sydney earlier this year. We settled with 3 weeks in Hawaii instead, poor us :D

I was looking at the 10 day around Tahiti Princess cruise or the Tahiti/Honolulu. Ridiculous airfares for one way and to fly in/out of Tahiti still needs 3 nights accommodation due to flight schedules. I GIVE UP! or I do the 30 dayer Honolulu to Sydney :confused:

it was the one way jaw drop fares from tahiti to sydney that killed our plans to cruise from honolulu to tahiti and fly home to sydney earlier this year. We settled with 3 weeks in hawaii instead, poor us :d

we are interested in the hawaii cruise, what was it like

we are interested in the hawaii cruise, what was it like

We had a great time in Hawaii and enjoyed our cruises on the POA. Check out the Hawaii Port of Call board. There are many of reviews of cruises on this ship there and many threads about different aspects of the cruise and the islands of Hawaii.

Deb, I found exactly the same thing when looking at it early this week :(

Air Tahiti appears to have quite a monopoly on those. But I also found that Air New Zealand have flights. I couldn't find a way to check via their website unless it was flights split in Auckland. Then I think you can take advantage of a cheapie each segment.

I am planning to ask my T/A on advice with the flights.

I was thinking of doing the Sydney to Tahiti on Ocean Princess but maybe it will have to be the Tahiti round trip instead.

Deb, I found exactly the same thing when looking at it early this week :(

Air Tahiti appears to have quite a monopoly on those. But I also found that Air New Zealand have flights. I couldn't find a way to check via their website unless it was flights split in Auckland. Then I think you can take advantage of a cheapie each segment.

I am planning to ask my T/A on advice with the flights.

I was thinking of doing the Sydney to Tahiti on Ocean Princess but maybe it will have to be the Tahiti round trip instead.

Only Air Tahiti Nui fly there, so they do have the monopoly :(. They code share with Air New Zealand/Qantas out of Auckland.

I like the idea of booking a roundtrip and not using one of the segments ;). I mean what are they going to do? Smack your hand for "missing" a flight? LOL :p

Tahiti is REALLY expensive, everything there is imported from France. Accommodation is also expensive, even the Tee-shirts are expensive.

Regarding flights Debs, sometimes it is cheaper to get to Tahiti (Papeete airport) from the USA. Sounds odd I know but worth taking a look. By the time you book flights from here to Tahiti, then accommodation, food etc., it may be easier to add some days to a cruise and join in Honolulu.

Jilly:)

No they probably won't smack your hand, but do your TA a favor and book that one on line as airlines do smack TAs around regularly for "improper booking practices"

I usually book my own flights :D

Tahiti is REALLY expensive, everything there is imported from France. Accommodation is also expensive, even the Tee-shirts are expensive.

Regarding flights Debs, sometimes it is cheaper to get to Tahiti (Papeete airport) from the USA. Sounds odd I know but worth taking a look. By the time you book flights from here to Tahiti, then accommodation, food etc., it may be easier to add some days to a cruise and join in Honolulu.

Jilly:)

When we were researching, we found what you are saying to be correct... accommodation is very expensive.

We also decided it would be better to fly back to Honolulu from Tahiti and fly home from there - longer, but easier to get flights and cheaper too!

Every cruise is a great cruise........but for me there is no comparison between the Caribbean islands and those of Tahiti......Tahiti wins hands down. The hawkers of Caribbean take the shine off the experience in my opinion. :( Mind you, I've been to the Caribbean 5 times, so something must keep getting me back. I'm on my second trip to Tahiti in six months time:D and no I'm no millionaire........just a pensioner who saves hard.

As for the price of hotels.........expensive I know.....but the Radisson was beautiful. For that once in a lifetime experience........go for it.

Archived