Not Trying to Beat a Dead Horse!!

adios

Well, I am from Texas also, and you can bet my husband will be wearing his suits two nights and dockers for the rest. However.......

on the last cruise I took, on formal night and Tuxedo dressed man was so drunk he was slobbering on everything and knocked into me on the way out of the dining room. THAT I FOUND REALLY OFFENSIVE!!!

Maybe he's just trying to start a new fashion trend...like the one white glove thing.

And I note, that I did forget some other pleasant topics of conversation around here:

- the appropriateness of "service charges" for JR's, B&J's, Chops, Portofino's and all those other little extras that RCI provides for us...

- the wonderful rising quality standards on-board the RCI cruise line

- the five-star cuisine in the dining room

- the absolutely top-notch customer service representatives at the RCI 800 number

- the new RCI booking price policy

Hmmm....I'm sure I'll find a few more. Just trying to keep the conversation going with some of the dull conversationalists we have around here. ;)

Are crew members under/overpaid.Are they treated horribly/or just darned lucky to have a job.:D

Ok, Here is my 2 cents. Do I care if you wear shorts or jeans, NO!! Just a thought, if my family was going out for a nice dinner for a special occasion with several other couples, I wouldn't wear shorts or jeans. Now you are talking to someone who more often than not goes back to the room and puts the shorts on right after we eat. You won't ruin any part of my vacation by showing up in shorts, not even close. I am out for a GREAT CRUISE...so get out of my way, and please don't ask if it is OK to pee in the pool because they fill them with salt water...hehe!!!!!

I have a different opinion from all of you. I think that nice shorts being worn, at their family dinner table will be perfectly fine. :eek:

As long as their table is in the Windjammer. :D

Stretch

I agree with Strech again! (Is it becoming contagious?;) )

Corona: 'Cause they'd rather COMPLAIN than COMPLY! ;)

Carol

Wanna smokum peace pipe? ;) Oh, that was on that other cruise board. Hey, anyone wanna join us? it's called c r u i s e f o o l s and it's not a .com, it's a .org

LOL, I'm not upset with you....me likes yah.....just bummed that's all...:(

You are such a bad girl....:D

Just a thought, if my family was going out for a nice dinner for a special occasion with several other couples, I wouldn't wear shorts or jeans. Now you are talking to someone who more often than not goes back to the room and puts the shorts on right after we eat. You won't ruin any part of my vacation by showing up in shorts, not even close. I am out for a GREAT CRUISE...so get out of my way, and please don't ask if it is OK to pee in the pool because they fill them with salt water...hehe!!!!!

The Cruise Compass states the suggested dress for the evening, not just for dinner. So, I miss your point. It's not Ok to bypass the suggested dress code during dinner, but Ok to bypass it for the rest of the evening? Your last comment is one reason I never go in the pool.

Here is a cruise you don't have to worry about whether or not you can wear shorts, jeans, tank tops, t-shirts, ect, ect, ect........Check this thread out:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=154632

Don't kid yourself. I'll bet there are already people complaining about guys showing up for formal dinner not wearing a "dark" tan.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=00003r7uyfPObwi9-KWfJ3UFI4U:v2mocc7o#8

The following expectation can be found on RCI’s Web Page:

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and two or three casual nights.

5 - nights include one formal, one smart casual and three casual nights.

7-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and four casual nights.

10, 11, and 12-night cruises include three formal nights and three smart casual nights, all other nights are casual.

14 and 15-night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights. All other nights are casual.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

Archived