Bringing wine and water

doolange

Hi there....I am leaving tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess and am bringing 2 cases of water and a few bottles of wine. I was going to put the luggage tag on the water and just pack the wine.

My friend that is coming called Princess and they said it had to be in a suitcase. Anybody have experience with this? It is much easier just to throw the water with the luggage.

Hi there....I am leaving tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess and am bringing 2 cases of water and a few bottles of wine. I was going to put the luggage tag on the water and just pack the wine.

My friend that is coming called Princess and they said it had to be in a suitcase. Anybody have experience with this? It is much easier just to throw the water with the luggage.

On Golden. Trip was out of Seattle on 07.09.11. We brought on 35-bottled-waters encased in the shrink wrap from the grocery store. Slapped a cruise/cabin boarding tag on it; and it was delivered to our door. Just put it on the luggage conveyor belt; not in any suitcase.

I--too--wanted to asked my wife: Why are we bringing our own water? But I've learned better.

Wine: Each adult I was traveling with had 2-bottles of wine with them. Some of us had it checked with the luggage...I had my two in my backpack carried on: No problems for any of us.

I have 4 kids and I do like the water on Princess, I use it for when we get off the boat. This is my 10th cruise. I have always packed it and always run out by the 7th day or so. However, it would be easy to just stick it on the conveyor belt. I think I am going to try that!

Buy a case of wine, slap a luggage tag on it with fragile sticker and it'll show up in your stateroom.

No limit to the wine or water you can bring onboard (Para 2 Sect 5 of the Passage Contract refers). We brought 10 litres of wine on for our trans Pacific on Star in 2009. Not a word said or question asked.

Ciao for now!!!

I drink lots and lots of water...I go to bed with a glass of water on the night table every night! I bought a small(4 cup) "brita" type pitcher. I pack it in my suitcase with sox, or toiletries in it and it doesn't take up any space at all. Then I have an unlimited amount of filtered water.

(OK, you say it's filtered on board, but I still don't like the taste of it...prefer my own) :)

"Bottom line, if you buy bottled water because you think it's healthier than tap, test after test shows no evidence of that. And if you buy fancy brands because you think they taste better, you're probably just buying the hype."

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=728070&page=2

It is worse for the environment, though.

My hubby gets sick everytime on the cabin water...he can only handle the diningroom/buffet water so we take some for the cabin...

Psychsomatic huh? I firmly believe it's all in his mind. It doesn't matter what tap you turn, it all comes from the great water tank below decks and goes through the same filtration whether from the taps in your stateroom or the MDR/Buffet taps.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived