NOLA Port View Hotel?

Thunderwoods

I've perused quite a few threads and have found great suggestions for hotels, however are there any that have views of the port/ship?

Reason being is that my family thinks we are just going to New Orleans for vacation - they don't know the second week we will be cruising from there, I thought it would be fun to surprise them with a great view...

I do not see any reason why there should be unusual crowds in NOLA late November. Actually, it is a great time to visit NOLA because finally, the heat is gone (we can still get very hot days in Oct.). Also, the day after Thanksgiving, Celebration in the Oaks begins. This would be something to see for sure. Seeing the very old Oak Trees is a must see in my opinion but at this time of year, they are all lit up and have entertainment in the park. You can go to their website at http://celebrationintheoaks.com/cito10/index.html

Wow - that DOES look impressive! I've bookmarked it to add to my "must-do & see" list.

Thank you for the info on the weather as well, please feel free to share any other tidbits that will help me fill my list :D

Archived