Okay NutriSystem dieters...

cruznow

Please tell me you are losing and enjoying the food. I ordered from QVC and I am hoping this will be what it takes for me to lose 40 lbs. I haven't been able to stick to anything else lately. Thanks

Hi - I have tried the Nutrisystems diet and I actually could not keep the food down! I tried a lunch soup/and a couple of the snacks. I thought they were awful (not like the way they talked about them on QVC) I hope you have better luck than me - actually I have all the food in the boxes ready for the trash man next week.....good luck!

Linda

I really don't see the food as being that inedible. True, some things taste worse than others, but I didn't throw any of it out. I'm not a huge fan of the desserts. The eggs are only good if you know how to make an omelette. Some of the lunches and dinners smell a bit questionable (like dog food, according to my brother). I definitely feel like I'm on a diet when I eat them, but I really don't think they're that awful. :)

Good luck with it. I gave up (I can't afford the meals right now -- I'm just a poor college student) with Nutrisystem for now, but it does work if you follow it.

Some of the food is really good. I was on NS and have tried most of the foods. You have to know which ones. Also, I lost very good on it while on it. I was mostly disappointed in their service.

I used to be on Nutri-System back in the early 90's when they actually had stores you go to with meetings/counselors etc..... It works.. My first week, I lost 14 pounds, then lost 5-7 pounds each week thereafter... But to stay slim, stay on it, once you leave then the pounds get back on

I have been on NS since Jan 18 and have lost 15lbs even having taken most of March off. I didn't gain anything back when I was off program. It has been an easy program to follow and a good tip is not to order from QVC. It's only cheaper because you order less days of food and then the bummer part is you can't pick your foods. There are some I really like some I don't but since I order directly from NS I am able to pick my favorites.

Just remember you are learning portion control and how to eat on the low glycemic index. Like any diet if you go back to your old ways and don't learn from your program you will gain it back.

Hope NS works for you like it is for me.

Good Luck!

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always did well on Nutrisystems and actually liked most of their entrees. Then it happened--they jumped on the low-carb bandwagon. While they didn't go to a strict Atkins diet, they changed many of their recipes to be more low carb. I found that I no longer liked most of my old favorites. I had success with their old nutritional plan because there was lots of variety. Since I don't like so many of their new entrees, there is very little variety for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Nutrisystem mostly out of desperation and was completely disappointed with it. After just a few days, the smell of the food made me want to gag. Also, be wary of some of the ingredients, particularly if you have any allergies (e.g., sulfates). NS also uses acesulfame K in several products which is a worse sugar substitute (health-wise) than Aspartame, saccharin, etc. Most of all, I was disappointed in the service. They advertise that you will have a counselor you can count on for support, encouragement, and diet expertise. I e-mailed my counselor several times and found her to be not only unhelpful but very aloof and uncaring. I also contacted the nutritionist to ask about some of the questionable ingredients. She said that there is nothing wrong with Acesulfame K, for example, even though I found many research studies on the Internet that suggested otherwise. They are there just to push the product. I sent back some of the items I couldn't/didn't want to eat (NS said it would refund or exchange the product), but they acted very cold and angry about that. Then they claimed that they never received the items I shipped back and wouldn't refund my money. Every step of the way, it was a bad experience for me. Please don't waste your money on NS (which, by the way, is VERY expensive for what you get). It's better to buy Lean Cuisine meals which are much tastier. Programs like Weight Watchers offer more caring and personal support/encouragement. And you also just have to find a way to get off your butt and exercise! After ten years of trying every diet and diet product in the book, I've realized the "sad truth" to weight loss: the only safe and effective way to do it is by changing your lifestyle, including eating less and exercising more. Pills don't work. "Systematic starvation" doesn't work. Gimmicks don't work. And most of all, Nutrisystem doesn't work.

• 3 months later...
Please tell me you are losing and enjoying the food. I ordered from QVC and I am hoping this will be what it takes for me to lose 40 lbs. I haven't been able to stick to anything else lately. Thanks

I was on this diet 10yrs ago--lost 30Ibs in 4 months--but what they do not tell You, especially now when they sell this stuff on QVC is that there is an "appetite supressent" in the food----that many people cannot handle or are "allergic" too. Just eating there food for 4 weeks 3 times a day does not take any weight off--its the "supressent" that stifles your hunger.

I call that false advertising.

I just did 5 weeks of Nutrisystem and I lost 13 lbs. The food wasn't as bad as everyone says.......I did the a la carte menu ( I picked and chose all of my own foods) and I read the message boards. There were a few things that everyone said to stay away from.....so I did.

Really, its a low glycemic index diet that reteaches you portion control. The US is the land of super size meals/foods and we really overeat. You also get a "little black book" that has foods that are OK and how much to eat of them. Its really helpful to get you going. I had about 15-20 lbs to lose and I'm down 13. I do eat out in restaurants and make my own food. I'm just eating MUCH healthier- its made a huge difference.

The nutrisystem plan is almost the zone......a certain percentage of protein, carbs and fats. Its pretty easy to stick to- I eat every few hours and I'm NEVER hungry. I'm eating a lot of fruits, veggies and lean proteins (yogurt, cheese, chicken, tuna) along with the NS food. The NS food is comparable to the WW or Lean Cuisine that you'd find in the freezer of your local grocery store.

If you'd like more info....you can visit the nutrisystem website- they have great message boards- you'll learn a lot there! Good luck!

Archived