Just off Spirit to Alaska- Great Trip! Long, Detailed Review with Pics!!

amdmsk

CWGT - thanks for the suggestions. I spent the best part of last night on the phone with Frontier and they got us situated so that I won't be spending the entire cruise worried about missing my return flight. Now I can turn my attention to counting the days until we board and soaking up all the reviews on CC. Thanks again Amdmsk for such a terrific review and all the great pictures.

[quote name='LambKnuckles'][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkGreen]Thank you for your tips, treats, and treasures of your cruise and whole vacation!! I'll be there next May for the first cruise out of Seattle, May 8th. The only time I've been to Washington is way back when they had the World's Fair in Spokane... :o ... So, I'm anxious to spend time there and on the cruise!!!

I like the idea of buying the pass with the discounted admissions... TY!!! And the Space Needle info... and EVERYTHING!!!

I was also curious about the sunset... and sunrise... I loved your photos and info! I wondered when it actually happened and if one would see it. TY!!!

We have booked the Tracy Arms excursion. My roomie insisted! After hearing about it and seeing your photos, too... I know it will be well worth it!

Darn about the Naturalist -- Naturist -- It might have proved an interesting Platinum Perk... :eek: ... ;)

Again... Thank you kindly!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thanks for reading! :D I enjoyed writing it. It was a great trip. You'll have a wonderful time. Alaska is just beautiful!!! :)

[quote name='elginkatie']CWGT - thanks for the suggestions. I spent the best part of last night on the phone with Frontier and they got us situated so that I won't be spending the entire cruise worried about missing my return flight. Now I can turn my attention to counting the days until we board and soaking up all the reviews on CC. Thanks again Amdmsk for such a terrific review and all the great pictures.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got everything worked out! It will save you the worry throughout the trip and you can enjoy Alaska's beauty even more!! Just FYI, the self-assist people started leaving the ship around 7:15-7:30. They called the first few zones a little after 8. Our room steward told us that this is the time they normally begin disembarkation each week.

• 5 months later...
I am real glad that they keep these reviews here for a long period of time. I am going to Alaska in July 17th with the same itinerary. Thanks for he reviews and picture. I am getting real excited. Things I want to buy are binoculars (do you think I would need to) and a new, better zoom camera. I think by what you posted about the train we will do that. At first looking at it I thought it was too expensive but I believe you swayed me from looking at a price of an excursion and say, "I may only get to Alaska once in my life, spare no expense". Also, it is my hubby's 50th on the 17th and our 22nd anniversay on the 21st so we will be celebrating:)
Again, thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Archived