Best beach snorkeling on Cozumel-info please

allurenewbie

I'm going round and round trying to decide best use of our 11 hours in Cozumel.

There are exursions which include snorkeling at Punta Sur and then there are those which include snorkeling at Chankanaab (sp?) park.

We don't want to do the 3 reef boat snorkeling as we'd like to have a sightseeing component to the time spent since this is our first time ever to Cozumel and my family's first cruise.

Any info greatly appreciated. I wondered if we could actually fit in two shore excursions. Any advice on that?

Thanks in advance for your help

If all you want to do is snorkel and sight see then I wouldn't bother paying the admission to Chankanaab. Chankanaab is so much more than just a snorkel spot...

You could book an island tour, have them drop you off at the money bar once done, then eat/snorkel or snorkel/eat. Once done your only a 15 minute cab ride back to the boat.

If all you want to do is snorkel and sight see then I wouldn't bother paying the admission to Chankanaab. Chankanaab is so much more than just a snorkel spot...

You could book an island tour, have them drop you off at the money bar once done, then eat/snorkel or snorkel/eat. Once done your only a 15 minute cab ride back to the boat.

This is exactly what we're doing in September!! Can't wait!!

Archived