6 Ships in Belize on the Same Day!!!

MiltonsMommy

I am considering a cruise that goes to Belize City...have never been before, but it seems it can be a nightmare (tender situation and all). I am a veteran of 12 cruises but am looking for your honest advice here. Should I skip this one??

Do it. I had been all over the Caribbean and found Belize on a cruise. Fell in love with the Cayes and moved to San Pedro three years ago.

as a experienced cruiser you know how to handle yourself around the aggressive vendors and im sure you realize every city or country has its not so nice areas.

I am sure you will love it.

Does this mean I should book my shore excursions early? Would 6 ships outstrip local tour company resources or would they bring in more staff to handle the influx?

I hadn't really seriously looked at the options and usually don't make any decisions until after final payment but could book now if it means increasing my chances of getting the tour I want.

Does this mean I should book my shore excursions early? Would 6 ships outstrip local tour company resources or would they bring in more staff to handle the influx?

I hadn't really seriously looked at the options and usually don't make any decisions until after final payment but could book now if it means increasing my chances of getting the tour I want.

I'm the OP and for what it's worth I just went ahead and booked a cave tubing excursion. I booked with .bz and they flat out told me that it is going to be MAJORLY busy that day and although it won't be as individualized as most of their tours are because of the massive amount of people (which I expected), we would still have a nice time. And, what I've noticed when reserving a spot with the cave tubing tours they don't require a deposit, so if I decide in a few months not to go, I'll just send them a courtesy e-mail and won't be out a deposit.

I'm the OP and for what it's worth I just went ahead and booked a cave tubing excursion. I booked with .bz and they flat out told me that it is going to be MAJORLY busy that day and although it won't be as individualized as most of their tours are because of the massive amount of people (which I expected), we would still have a nice time. And, what I've noticed when reserving a spot with the cave tubing tours they don't require a deposit, so if I decide in a few months not to go, I'll just send them a courtesy e-mail and won't be out a deposit.

Thanks for the info. :)

That doesn't sound right. Belize has never had that many ships on the same day that I am aware of. That would be a zoo.

I would keep checking to see if that information changes.

At present the ships in port arrive and depart at different times. Most tours will have the same amount of limited space. I would book what you want early.

Boat or fly over to the Cayes to avoid the Cruise Ship crowds;)

I just checked here and there will be 6 :eek: ships in port:

1. Crown Princess
  2. Norwegian Spirit
  3. ms Ryndam
  4. Carnival Dream
  5. Carnival Glory
  6. Norwegian Star

• 2 weeks later...

Archived