Buying liquor in port

re-re

Just a little off the record tip. If u want carry the goodies back to the ship yourself.....u can easily get it back to your room without a hitch BEFORE the last night. All u do is when u finish going thru the xray machine and security checks and flags u.....they then tell u to go to the table to "check in" your goods. The problem is NOBODY is watching or holding u accountable to go to the table. Nor does anyone at the table know u have been flagged. So instead of going to the table u just go up the stairs or elevator to your room. This has worked for me every time. In the event. Do get caught just it off as a chaotic misunderstanding and kindly give up the booze. FYI......your room steward doesn't say a word. In fact they will ice u up.

thats what i did on the carnival victory!!! i approached the desk but noone seemed to be paying attension, so i carried on walking up the stairs to my room with the bottle underneath my towel. yeh the room steward hooked me up with an ice bucket too! :D

The Tortuga Rum Cakes are made on Grand Cayman, the rum is not. The locally distilled rum is Seven Fathoms and I believe Black Beard's is blended locally as well. Not sure about where Black Beard's Big Black D**k's line origin though.

The tour i'm taking has a stop at tortuga outlet, can i purchase BBD Rum there?

The tour i'm taking has a stop at tortuga outlet, can i purchase BBD Rum there?

I'm not sure. I know you can purchase it right across the street from the tender pier at a pair of shops that sell duty-free liquor. One is on Cardinal St. called something like Pirates Cove and you have to walk down stairs to get to it, the other is in a little mall on the second floor, right next to a Dunkin Donuts.

I'm not sure. I know you can purchase it right across the street from the tender pier at a pair of shops that sell duty-free liquor. One is on Cardinal St. called something like Pirates Cove and you have to walk down stairs to get to it, the other is in a little mall on the second floor, right next to a Dunkin Donuts.

Thanks, I will put that in my notes.:)

Archived