The Haven

wezie

Its no different than an airline having business class and first class cabins on their planes. If someone is willing to pay more there is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to have a different/better experience than those that are not willing to pay more.

I agree. And I'm looking forward to dining in the Epic Club, the menu looks great and I'm sure the service will be top=notch. I saw photos of it and it looks lovely.

I think the courtyard (or whatever it is called) will be a nice quiet spot to read a book. The regular pool deck gets so crowded sometimes, but I'm sure we will be there too off and on.

Maybe, but I would like to have a more all inclusive cruise like it used to be than being charged extra for every thing they can think of.:rolleyes:

We prefer to only pay for what we choose so NCL works great for us.:)

As Peg says, one of NCL's strengths is that a la carte pricing. If I don't drink soda, why should my fare include an allocation for soda? If I don't have kids, why should my cruise fare include an allocation for kid's club?

Those premiums (since they reflect an added cost) are available to be borne by those who use them.

Same goes with food / service premiums. If on 2 days out of 7, I really just fancy a hamburger because it's hot, I'm tired, been walking all day, and want to go see a show....then why should my base fare include the costs associated with 5-star dining for that night?

My premise is that NCL offer 3.5 * dining in the base fare (nice, good, tasty...but not exquisite), and then offer 4.5 - 5 * dining as an available add-on for those who think going from 3.5 to 5 * is worth $10.

That said....I spend my $10 more often than not.

So what so different then what they are doing now. Does anyone really need a 24 hour butler? it just sounds like they are reworking their existing product and packaging it a little differently. I do like the name.

So what so different then what they are doing now. Does anyone really need a 24 hour butler? it just sounds like they are reworking their existing product and packaging it a little differently. I do like the name.

I think you got it 100% right. It is really about marketing the product and reaching a broader customer base willing to pay for higher end services.

They had a slide on the presentation outlining the target market. Lots of premium options for the retired with disposable income. They see a market for younger guests that want the best, have money, but don't want a ship full of retired people to cruise with there family or as a couple.

I was looking at another cruise for 2012 and I was looking at a Jewel class ship. The suites/penthouses that have access to The Haven have "The Haven" in the title of the suite on the site. This seems very clear to me.

Archived