Jewel Dining

2boyzmom

can I ask a silly question- why?

No silly questions - Believe it or not there have been pay restaurants going back to the grand ocean liners. It gives you choices.

You can have a Maine Lobster every night or a 20 oz Porterhouse in Cagneys. Buy making that option an extra the fares stay low and you can eat like you are on a 5 star premium ship. The Bistro Filet and tails, Firestarter dinners, fondue for 10-20 extra. A bargin.

Even if you put 15 dollars a day in your budget a typical NCL cruise would still cost less then a new RCI ship and you would be eating the same food on RCI as you get in the main dining rooms on NCL.

If there was no charge they would have to assume everyone would eat there and the fares would have to reflect it. Freestyle is about choices. Some members never eat in the extra charge restaurants, some eat in them every night, all enjoy their cruise.

The simple answer to your question is it is all about $.

May I add that it is well worht it. My husband and I were on the Dawn in February, 10 day and we ate at the Bistro and Cagneys 3 times each. It was wonderful. They are more intimate than the regular resturants, so if you are celebrating anything and want to dine in private you can.

Can't wait till the Jewel next Feb.

Enjoy!!!:D

We are sailing on the Jewel in November. Can anyone tell me how much the surcharges are for dining? Thanks!

Specifics haven't come out yet, but I can assume they will be similar to the Dawn, between $12.50-$20pp

Archived