Pre-paid gratuities after final payment

GrumpaTom

We have booked our own cruises in the past through the cruiseline, this time we used a local travel agent. I informed the travel agent that we want to prepay our gratuities after we make the final payment on the cruise, i.e. we are paying for things in step to keep it affordable.

She implied that we would need to pay the gratuities on ship if they are not paid with the final payment.

That doesn't make sense to me because it seems that the cruise line would be willing to take money offered anytime since it is money in the bank for them.

Anyway, can gratuities be prepaid after final payment and can you go directly to Carnival to pay them (like you can with Bon Voyage items) if you have a TA?

We have booked our own cruises in the past through the cruiseline, this time we used a local travel agent. I informed the travel agent that we want to prepay our gratuities after we make the final payment on the cruise, i.e. we are paying for things in step to keep it affordable.

She implied that we would need to pay the gratuities on ship if they are not paid with the final payment.

That doesn't make sense to me because it seems that the cruise line would be willing to take money offered anytime since it is money in the bank for them.

Anyway, can gratuities be prepaid after final payment and can you go directly to Carnival to pay them (like you can with Bon Voyage items) if you have a TA?

Just call Carnival with your credit card and they will take care of it. :)

I usually set up pre pay at the same time I book the cruise. This time I forgot, but I called my PVP and he took care of it right away. (I mean like within ten minutes "right away!" ...and after the payment-in-full date. ;) )

I would think that even though you booked thru a TA, Carnival would be able to take care of it if you had the booking number. It can't hurt to call...

You cannot call CCL for anything if you used a TA. Not even for a smidgen of insight.

If your TA will not do it for you go to CCL BonVoyage and purchase FunShip dollars and add them to S&S acct as OBC.

That part you can do on your own without a TA.

As has been mentioned, you cannot call CCL to add gratuities since your cruise was booked thru a TA. Just call your TA and tell him/her that you want to add gratuities. The TA will call CCL to add the grats and pay for it with your credit card number.

You cannot call CCL for anything if you used a TA. Not even for a smidgen of insight.

With the economy being how it has been we figured we would book through a local TA so that at least the comission stays local.

When I sent her a mesage about prepaying the gratuities her response was that we wuld have them on our bill at cruise end. I had mentioned buying the prepaid drink cards she had responded we would get those at preboarding, so I suspect she doesn't know about the additionals.

It does concern me some but I felt the need to help the local economy, at least some.

If your TA will not do it for you go to CCL BonVoyage and purchase FunShip dollars and add them to S&S acct as OBC.

That part you can do on your own without a TA.

Now that's something I can wrap my arms around.

If you prepay the gratuities with the Carnival MasterCard, will you get the double points? Somewhere I seem to remember reading you would not, but would love to do so IF the double points are there.

Unfortunately we don't have and would not currently qualify for the Canival Credit Card. Maybe in the future.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Tom you can but you have to call Carnival your self I do it this way all the time

YES TOM all you have to do is call Carnival have your booking # ready

Archived