RCI Excursion SL78 Scenic Drive to Pigeon Point & Beach...has anyone done this?

cruzin2relax

Scenic Drive to Pigeon Point and Beach - SL78

"Begin with a drive through Castries taking in the sights and a brief photo opportunity at Morne Fortune. Continue to Caribelle Batik where you can observe skilled craftsmen creating colorful fabric art. Then, travel through the countryside to Pigeon Island for a visit of the National park and mini-museum. This 44 acre islet, joined to the mainland by a causeway in 1972, has a romantic past, having been the hide out of Jambe de Bois, the much-feared peg-leg pirate who preyed the Spanish galleons."

Was wondering if anyone can tell us if this is worth the $35 pp and what beach did they take you to?

Thanks in advance for the information!

I am looking at this one also. Hope someone can give us an answer. If not we will have to ask the question on the main board.

I'll keep checking on a reply....if no responses...I'll try to repost it there.

Hope someone does.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Cruzin2Relax,

In searching these boards, I found this post from March 2011 and thought it might help answer your question since no one else has responded:

"Last week on our stop in St. Lucia, we got off and spoke to the woman at the information desk inside at the kiosk. I explained to her that we are a snorkeling family, we like a beach less-crowded, facilities, and just an all around beautiful place to spend the day. I was very confused on where to spend our day in St. Lucia, even after reading the boards. I figured by speaking with a local, she'd understand what we're looking for. Wow, did she ever!!! She sent us to Pigeon Island National Park. It's slightly past Rodney Bay! Words cannot even describe the beauty. It was magical. Absolutely perfect. Snorkeling was amazing. Fish everywhere. Gorgeous 12-15" starfish lying on the bottom, beautiful reefs, a beautiful vista that requires a short hike, fort ruins envoking so much history. It was breathtakingly beautiful. So much so, that when we arrived back to our ship after the day there, I went up to the woman at the kiosk and thanked her! She just smiled! If you love crowds, go to where the rest of the ship went, Rodney Bay. If it's peace, tranquility and beauty you want, go to Pigeon Island National Park.

p.s. A local man came around the shore in his dingy boat, blowing on his conch shell to get our attention. He was selling fresh mangos, bananas and coconuts, conch shells and souvenirs. I swam out to him and he lopped me off a cocunut, then and there!!! I thoroughly enjoyed a fresh coconut on the beach and the day at Pigeon Island! Just gorgeous!"

Archived