Island tour Southcoast (Bottom Bay, Crane Bay, Foul Bay)

Dennis75

Has anyone experienced a island tour on the southcoast? We saw some beautifull pictures of some beaches there.

And can you tell us if we can arrange a taxi in port for this tour and what is might cost?

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this, as I haven't been on this forum in awhile. If it's not to late for you to arrange, I posted a reply on another thread that I'll cut and paste here:

We did that. We just found a taxi driver and negotiated a price based on where we wanted to go and time. (I think we did 3 or 4 hours, and I think it was $90. (Sorry, it's been awhile - Jan. 2010). It was awesome, like a private custom tour for just the 2 of us. He asked if we wanted to stop for photos ops here and there (yes, please!) and described all the areas we passed through. We went to the Crane hotel and walked through, checked out the beach, then drove on to Bottom Bay beach, as I'd seen photos and really wanted to check it out too. Then he drove us back a different way through the countryside and dropped us at Accra/Rockley to spend the afternoon. We then found another taxi to get back to the ship. It was exactly what WE wanted.

Our driver's name was Wayne - 1246-259-4715 if you want to reach him and negotiate a tour ahead of time. He was such a pleasant and knowledgeable middle aged ...ok, maybe older, gentleman. We can highly recommend him, and doing your own private tour.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1129097...32652322703378

Archived