Mens Dress Code

lottee

Hi

We are cruising for the first time with Cunard on Queen Victoria in September and would welcome any advice on dress codes for men. When the dress code is Elegant Casual do men have to wear a jacket? On past cruises (P and O) on smart casual nights my husband has worn smart trousers and a smart shirt, either long or short sleeved, is this acceptable? He will wear a dinner suit on the formal nights and jacket and tie on semi formal nights, just wondered if jackets were worn every night. This cruise is for his 60th birthday and we don't want to look out of place.:confused:

Hi

We are cruising for the first time with Cunard on Queen Victoria in September and would welcome any advice on dress codes for men. When the dress code is Elegant Casual do men have to wear a jacket? On past cruises (P and O) on smart casual nights my husband has worn smart trousers and a smart shirt, either long or short sleeved, is this acceptable? He will wear a dinner suit on the formal nights and jacket and tie on semi formal nights, just wondered if jackets were worn every night. This cruise is for his 60th birthday and we don't want to look out of place.:confused:

Hi,

Yes, a gentleman is required to wear a jacket every evening.

If your husband wears "black tie" on formal nights, he will only need a suit (or jacket and trousers) with (semi-formal) or without (elegant casual) a tie for the other evenings.

However, even on elegant casual evenings, most men wear a tie, in my experience.

Hope this helps, there are photos of the interiors of Q.V. via the link below, have a great time, Bon Voyage!

As Pepperm has said, a Jacket is required for eligant casual but a tie is not; however, I always wear a tie.

I wear a jecket and trousers or light suit for eligant casual, dark suit for semi formal and dinner suit for formal.

Archived