QM2 fitness equipment

travelgals

• 5 weeks later...
I am shocked that one would have to pay for a headset! You get free headsets on a transatlantic flight - no matter what class of service!!! This seems extreme!

Flying in an aluminium tube across the ocean, one should get a headset, if just to distract one from the pitifully uncivilized nature of this means on transport. If you think you need a headset on a ship at sea you would be best advised to fly, as you will little appreciate the things an ocean voyage has to offer.

Richard

Flying in an aluminium tube across the ocean, one should get a headset, if just to distract one from the pitifully uncivilized nature of this means on transport. If you think you need a headset on a ship at sea you would be best advised to fly, as you will little appreciate the things an ocean voyage has to offer. Richard

I disagree with this comment-good service is good service after all and paying for headphones seems a petty thing to charge for.

Richard,

You misunderstand! I don't think I need a headset or the gym. I am going on the QM2 for a wonderful trip across the Atlantic! I probably won't even step foot into the gym because there will so many other things to do which I do not have at home. I just think it's very petty to charge for a headset! At what point does Cunard, or other cruise lines, stop charging for things?

One good thing though, someone posted a note that said your own headphones (cd, pod, etc.) will fit in the headset jack on the tv:) ! We use our own on the flights too because the airlines' headsets are of poor quality.

Richard,

You misunderstand! I don't think I need a headset or the gym. I am going on the QM2 for a wonderful trip across the Atlantic! I probably won't even step foot into the gym because there will so many other things to do which I do not have at home. I just think it's very petty to charge for a headset! At what point does Cunard, or other cruise lines, stop charging for things?

I apologize, Ciaobella. I did misunderstand, and I do agree with you that charging for a headset seems very petty indeed on what is supposed to be a luxury liner. I fear we are seeing the Carnivalization of Cunard, not a good development at all. Have a wonderful crossing, Ciaobella. I was just doing some editing of my video from the December 15, 2004 crossing on QE2. It was good to relive that crossing. I ache to be back out there. Bon voyage.

Richard

Archived