Additional Passenger Charge

Delawarealan

Our first cruise on NCL had a great deal -- $199 pp for an additional person in a cabin. Our next cruises it went back to the $399, which still isn't bad.

I'm looking at a cruise for next June (Gem from NY to Fla/Bahamas) and the additional passenger fee is $649 or so, which is only about $60 less than the charge for the 1st/2d in an inside cabin. What's up with that?

Alan

Newark, DE

Our first cruise on NCL had a great deal -- $199 pp for an additional person in a cabin. Our next cruises it went back to the $399, which still isn't bad.

I'm looking at a cruise for next June (Gem from NY to Fla/Bahamas) and the additional passenger fee is $649 or so, which is only about $60 less than the charge for the 1st/2d in an inside cabin. What's up with that?

Alan

Newark, DE

You'll find the rates vary depending on cruise date, and cabin type. It's a mystery supply and demand thing I suppose, but I never could figure out the formula.....but then again I don't have access to all the variables on how well the cruise is selling.

I've paid anywhere from $199-$699 for the third person in my cabin. I think it has something to do with sailing, date port of embarkation and itinerary...

I paid less for my son in our suite in Feb to the Caribbean than in an OV to Bermuda in Aug

Typically it is just two of us, but I have noticed a fluctuation in 3rd/4th person pricing. However, I will say that NCL and CCL are generally cheaper than any of the other lines for 3rd/4th pax.

simple answer.

Supply and demand. The charge what they can get. If they have to sell it at a cheaper price, and hope to make it up on other charges, they will do that.

They would of course prefer to sell it at $649.

But, getting $199 is better than nothing.

Well, $649 is a good price compared to what I'm paying for our family cruise next August on the Gem. We are taking our kids and grandchildren and have five rooms. Our son has three little ones and the third child is $909 plus taxes!! I then knew it was better to have two rooms per family than even think of four in a room. With kids in school now (except for the three year old) we had to travel during the high season. The price is for a balcony cabin, maybe it's less in another cabin. Obviously, it's supply and demand but what can you do....

Archived