cheeseburger reef kayak/power snorkel cayman

I had not found many reviews on this excursion and was unable to find much info prior, so I would like to share my experience.

Not worth the price. You walk to the dive shop, get your gear, kayak for about 10 minutes to a spot right by the ships/boats/shore. Then we hopped out of our kayaks and grabbed our little motorized thingies to zip around, and half of them did not work. The snorkeling was nice, but it is Cayman so I am sure it is nice everywhere. We then kayaked about 5 minutes back toward shore t o snorkel a shipwreck which was cool, then kayaked 5 minutes back to shore. Not a great excursion especially for the price, no lunch included, and the guides provided no instruction on how to kayak. We knew, luckily, but several other folks had a hard time. The staff did not offer any sort of refund, simply said that the power things had all worked when they put them on the kayaks, and sometimes did not work when exposed to water (???)

All in all, a short, rather lame excursion.

Archived