Steakhouse - Freedom

We took a back to back on the Freedom for two weeks in December of 2008. We decided to go to the Sun King Restaurant. Both the food and service were fantastic. It was a nice change from the dining room and it was definitely worth the money :)

We just got off of the Freedom a week ago. I agree the steak house is a nice change from the MDR (and the ever popular Flat Iron Steaks). I had the 25 oz Porterhouse and it was cooked perfectly and the cheesecake was large enough to feed my family of 4. :D I must also note, if you enjoy cheese plates, my son ordered one for dessert and it was truly impressive. Nothing close to the quality and size served in the MDR.

Am I correct in that you can order more than one appetizer or dessert, but not an entree, without incurring an additional charge? Thought we might like the a hot appetizer along with a salad, or the cheese plate in addition to dessert.

We have sailed on the Freedom twice and have enjoyed the Steakhouse both times.....the service was incredible along with the food - we enjoyed a pre dinner martini and a nice evening. It was like not having dinner on the ship, as if we went out to a nice restaurant

I think you will enjoy it

We have found that the Steakhouse on any Carnival Ship is well worth the $30.00 fee. My husband usually orders the 24 oz. Porterhouse Steak, I usually order the Lobster Tails, and we find this more enjoyable than the Surf and Turf that is on the Steakhouse menu. I am also a HUGE fan of the Chocolate Sampler Plate, and order it every single time we're up there. Now if I can only remember to order it as my appetizer!!!

Am I correct in that you can order more than one appetizer or dessert, but not an entree, without incurring an additional charge? Thought we might like the a hot appetizer along with a salad, or the cheese plate in addition to dessert.

I believe that you only get one item per not the "free-for-all" you have in the MDR. Also, be prepaired to place your entire order at one time. It was a one shot deal...at least for us.

We are setting sail on November 13th on the Freedom and booked the steakhouse dinner after reading a few posts on it. Those that have had it well work the money??

Well worth every penny. The woefully misnamed "chocolate sampler" dessert will have you begging for mercy or seconds...or both.

Bon appetit! :)

Don't think you can do two separate hot appetizers or deserts but you can do a hot appetizer and a salad. I do every time.

Well worth the $$$ IMHO

Probably not an entree but I have ordered 2 appetizers before. And yes, its well worth the extra $30.

I am cruising on the Freedom in October and not too sure how the steakhouse works. Can someone explain the charges and benefits. My boyfriend's birthday is right before the cruise and he loves steak so I though id surprise him.

Any info would be great!! Thanks!

-WhaleTail

I am cruising on the Freedom in October and not too sure how the steakhouse works. Can someone explain the charges and benefits. My boyfriend's birthday is right before the cruise and he loves steak so I though id surprise him.

Any info would be great!! Thanks!

-WhaleTail

With an elegant, but fun-filled, relaxed and somewhat casual atmosphere and a menu that includes steakhouse favorites, the Steakhouse is guaranteed to be a favorite dining spot. For a nominal fee of $30 per person, guests can take in the atmosphere and enjoy the amazing culinary creations of our chefs.

The fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staffs’ gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. The $30 fee also applies to children.

The Steakhouse is an alternative to eating in the Main Dining Room or the Lido Restaurant, open daily, 5:30pm-9:30pm.

The dress code for the Steakhouse is Cruise Elegant (Jeans permitted on Cruise Casual evenings) :)

Archived