Anyone used Itravel Insurance ?

tamscottc

Hi All,

Thinking of booking again thru an online agency and they are offering the free travel insurance, as an incentive...We have never purchased insurance with our trips before..( I know, I know bad girl !!!) And to be honest, I am green as far as what is a good policy and such. I will try to post the link, for the Itravel insurance policy they are offering, could someone let me know if it looks like it covers what we should have?

http://www.my****************/v3/lines/celebrity/inscoverages.pdf

If the above doesnt work I apologize...and I'll try to post it again when my 9 yr. old gets up to show me how..lol

Thanks,

Tammy

Tammy,

Can't vouch for an internet insurance company. But several years ago on the day I was to leave on my cruise I was in the hospital having surgery. Thanks to the insurance both me and my cabinmate were able to get back all but $70 from our cruise and the airfare. The airfare took a lot longer to get back than the cruise.

You never know when something unexpected might happen to cause you to cancel a cruise. Better safe than sorry. The only time I would not recommend purchasing insurance is if you book within a week or two of the sailing. Does make sense at that point.

If you don't have to pay for the insurance, take it and find out what exactly it covers. Can't be too careful these days.

Hope this helps.

Maraprince

WE ALWAYS buy travel insurance. We used it this Jan. (cruised RCCL from San Juan) when we got diverted to Dallas from San Juan because Philly, PA airport was closed. We got back to Phila. a day later. Insurance paid for hotel and all meals. We sent in our info with the proper forms and got our money back within a month.

Also, one couple several years ago (we travel with a group) did not buy insurance and they could not go because the husband got hospitalized. She lost everything.

As one travel agent told us......."always get travel insurance; and you'll never need it"! In the whole skeam of things, what's another $100+ when you could lose several thousands?

Archived