Single TA Crossing Fare

rosler28

I would love to do a TA crossing next year but my other half won't entertain the idea of such a trip for some reason.

The best person to answer my question will probably be the good Cap'n if he reads it.

I have sen the price of single travel and to be quite honest it's a bit on the expensive side.

My question is: is it possible to do a TA at a much cheaper price as a single occupant?

Cunard charges a 75% single supplement in the standard staterooms and 100% in Grill staterooms. Some people here have claimed to have had the supplement reduced for them, but I don't see that happeneing unless the voyage isn't selling very well. You can also book late when fares can drop, but that's always a game because a popular voyage sell early. QM2s September TAs are nearly sold out so any single who wants those dates will pay full freight.

You do have to pay the supplement, but if you check around with Travel Agents, you may find one that has a group booking at the time you wish to travel.

You do not indicate where you live, but if it is in the USA, and you have a goood travel agent, you could beefit from a price drop after booking. I am booked on the QV for Feb 2012, and recently saw a very large price drop in the cost of my D1 cabin.

Happy hunting

Lynn

The caveat is that when fares drop for a promotion, the 75% supplement increases to 100%

Really... I didn't know that. I suppose so long as the reduction is more than the increase it is worth it.. if that makes sense, it is a mathematical exercise.

They do seem to sting single travellers with such high single occupancy fees. There is the odd offer though - one UK agent was advertising sole occupancy fares of £599 as a last minute deal on a TA in May. I have never seen this before though. We are travelling with my mum on a TA later in the month and it worked out cheaper overall to have 1 of the children in with her, instead of taking a 4 berth cabin and then a single occupancy one.

Archived