Barbados Review

Coolcruise02

We just got back from the 3-11-05 Carnival Legend. We docked around 11:00am and walked the short distance to the taxi/shopping building. (free shuttles were available) We then paid $2pp for a shuttle in to town which was about a 5 min trip. We then asked how to get to the city bus terminal, as we were going to Crane Beach and had read on here to take bus 12. The taxi driver we asked told us it was too confusing and hectic to take the city bus and told us he would take my husband and I there and back for $80.00.

We said no and headed down the street. I asked a policeman and he said we were headed in the right direction. (it's about 10 blocks)

We arrive at the bus terminal and a very helpful ticket agent gave us 4 tokens (2 people-2 ways) for $3.00 and answered our questions. It is a large bus terminal but the gates are well marked and we got in a long line for bus #12. We didn't think we would make it on the bus but we didn't realize everyone in line gets on. Very crowded leaving the city.

It took about an hour winding thru the city and stopping for more people, but it was very interesting and all the locals were very helpful. We got off at the Crane Beach Resort, which was a mistake. We should have gone to the next stop for the public beach, but I don't think the locals understood this. Oh well, we just walked a few minutes down the road after being informed at the Resort it was a $25pp charge to walk thru the pool area. (not very nice people here)

It was beautiful!!!! I'm so glad we went here. The waves were crashing and the cliffs are so pretty. We actually saw some boys jumping from them. We walked up the path. (don't depend on the railing to save you at it wobbled and was about 3' high) There was only about 20 people on the beach, and some surfing. Got some great pictures.

We went back to the bus stop sign and caught the next bus headed back to town, which only took 45 min for this trip. Be warned, it is a wild ride. The drivers fly thru the narrow streets.

We started walking back to the pier but a very nice taxi driver offered to take us both back for $5.00. At the information/taxi building on the pier they have shops, but they close at 5:30.

We really enjoyed Crane Beach and are so glad we didn't let the first taxi driver discourage us from going on our own. I'll be glad to answer any questions. :)

Archived