New Camp Carnival Nightly rates.....

tmt218

My family and I just just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Inspiration. Loved it and can't wait to go back. Anyways I just wanted to tell everyone about the new night time rates. From 10pm to 3am the per hour rate is $6.75 and they now add a 15% gratuity. I'm not sure if it's fleet wide yet and not sure when it started but on our cruise in Feb. it was still $6.00. The late night party also adds the 15% gratiuty now.

Happy sailing everyone!

Anybody have any success in getting a counselor to babysit privately? I'd much rather given them $10 and have them get the whole $10, rather than pay $15.52 for the twins and have them get $2.02. I'm sure it's not allowed... just wondering if it happens.

I wonder how many people will use the gratuity as an excuse to not tip the counselors at the end of the week? :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll work out for the workers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work out much better at all. But who knows... maybe very few people outside of the internet groups tip to begin with...

Interesting about the gratutity. Still a good deal to pay for after 10pm babysitting. Thanks for the update!

15% grats? really? i can only guess that they are doing that because people do not tip the staff? is it shared in a pool?

I was chatting with a counselor about the new changes. She said the 15% went mostly to the company. I'm not sure if she was trying to get more tip or not. I thought that was odd because the drink waiters get the 15% tip added too. They make a salaried wage and don't work for tips. What tips they do get they split among all the counselors. I guess it is beacuse most people don't normally tip them.

Anybody have any success in getting a counselor to babysit privately? I'd much rather given them $10 and have them get the whole $10, rather than pay $15.52 for the twins and have them get $2.02. I'm sure it's not allowed... just wondering if it happens.

I wonder how many people will use the gratuity as an excuse to not tip the counselors at the end of the week? :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll work out for the workers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work out much better at all. But who knows... maybe very few people outside of the internet groups tip to begin with...

I would think private babysitting would be against their policy. I want to say other cruiselines have in cabin babysitting but i'm not 100% sure which ones. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Regarding counselors offering private babysitting services.....I believe I have heard/read before that the are not permitted to do so. Also, since they work many hours, it would likely be tough to find one available anyway! ;)

Regarding the counselor saying that Carnival keeps most of the newly added auto-gratuities......I would say they may have just been trying for a bigger tip. :) I am sure the monies are handled in a similar fashion as the auto-gratuities for cabin stewards and food service employees. It is split among a group but Carnival is not withholding any of it.

I agree, I still think the new prices are a good deal! :D

What is the new rate for the 2nd child. It was $4 so is it $4.75?

I saw this thread on the Carnival board. It looks like the additional child discount is gone as well. I looked for the info on JH's blog but didn't see it. I also didn't see any info on the Carnival website as well. Here is the link to that thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1460372

Archived