Only Cavetubing or Cavetubing + Zip Line

Kryssa

Trying to decide if we want to do only cavetubing or add the zip line. I spoke to one tour operator that told me the zipline adds about an hour to the total tour time.

I don't like worrying about getting back to the ship in time, so I'm thinking I might better enjoy the cavetubing if I'm not concerned about staying on schedule. Plus, if we do only cavetubing, we will probably be one of the first groups to do it that day. If we add the zipline, we would zipline first and then be cavetubing with the crowds.

However, we do enjoy ziplining and won't have the opportunity to do it in any other port. The tour operator said many people enjoy the ziplining more than the cavetubing!

Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

personally i would do the cave tubing only. we have done this 3 times and every time we have cut it fairly close to getting back to the port on time. I have heard people who do the zip line only get to do a small portion of the cave tubing. There is a lot of places to zip line...not to many places to do cave tubing.

It has been about three years since we went, but we did the ziplining and the cave tubing and didn't have a problem getting back to the ship in time. I guess it depends on how many ships are in port and how long you are there. I personally enjoyed the ziplining much more than the cave tubing. The cave tubing we did was just kind of like a lazy river ride through the cave. Not exciting at all.

We have done 9 zip line tours around the world and Belize was our least favorite. The zips are not very long or scenic. They pack 100's of people into this excursion so it is a cattle call unlike any other zip line tour we have done. If this is a once in a lifetime chance to zipline then do it. Ziplining is really fun, but this place is unlike most traditional zip line. I would much rather cave tube with time to spare.

We just got back fom our cruise and did the cave tubing/zip lining excursion through NCL. We loved it!! We had never done either one, and this gave us the opportunity to try a little of each and we are glad we did. By going through NCL, we did not have to worry about whether we would make it back, as NCL would wait for their excursions. It was a beautiful and was the high light of our whole trip .

For tubing, we walked anout 40-45 minutes to get to the area to go in, while carrying our tubes. The guide we had was great and showed us many thing and explained things as we walked. The cave tubing was beautiful and fun.

Next they served a buffet lunch-which was nice.

Lastly we did the zip lining. Wonderful and beautiful as well

It was a full day, but we made it back to the port area with a litte time left to shop.

my hubby and I went with major tom and did both. We had a super small group and went zip lining first. there were only 4 of us total for zipping plus our 2 guides. It was so nice! When we were done there were groups of 40-50 people going together! Way busy!

We then met our tour guide, Mike, for tubing. The only difference for the tubes was that we walked there faster than those who just went tubing. We actually met the rest of our group at the river. They were just getting in and there we were! I didn't feel rushed at all.

I would totally recommend them. Super fast drivers and we had plenty of time to get back to the boat. Lunch is included and we had a blast! One of my most favorite days on the boat. I can't wait to be back in the middle of october!

• 2 weeks later...
my hubby and I went with major tom and did both. We had a super small group and went zip lining first. there were only 4 of us total for zipping plus our 2 guides. It was so nice! When we were done there were groups of 40-50 people going together! Way busy!

We then met our tour guide, Mike, for tubing. The only difference for the tubes was that we walked there faster than those who just went tubing. We actually met the rest of our group at the river. They were just getting in and there we were! I didn't feel rushed at all.

I would totally recommend them. Super fast drivers and we had plenty of time to get back to the boat. Lunch is included and we had a blast! One of my most favorite days on the boat. I can't wait to be back in the middle of october!

We have both cave tubing/zip lining booked with Major Tom in November. We have done cave tubing with him twice before and had a great time. Never an issue about getting back to the ship on time. This will be our first time with zip lining so looking forward to a great time again!

• 4 months later...
We have both cave tubing/zip lining booked with Major Tom in November. We have done cave tubing with him twice before and had a great time. Never an issue about getting back to the ship on time. This will be our first time with zip lining so looking forward to a great time again!

We are thinking about taking this same excursion. Just hoping to get some details on how the cave tubing/zip line went!

Archived