dining in hollywood/ft lauderdale

noslen3333

We are cruising in November and staying at the La Quinta. My group wants a seafood restaurant where shorts or blue jeans is the norm and where they can get raw oysters. Being on the beach would be nice but not necessary and we do have smokers in our group so outdoor seating would be a plus. Any help would be appreciated.

We are cruising in November and staying at the La Quinta. My group wants a seafood restaurant where shorts or blue jeans is the norm and where they can get raw oysters. Being on the beach would be nice but not necessary and we do have smokers in our group so outdoor seating would be a plus. Any help would be appreciated.

I assume you are staying at the LaQuinta near Oakwood Plaza in Hollywood, FL. If so, I would recommend the Rustic Inn Crabhouse which is on Ravenswood RD/Anglers Ave just north of Griffin Rd. based on your criteria mentioned. The seafood here is pretty good for Florida, but if you are from the Southern New Jersey shore or Maryland Eastern Shore area (like I am) you may have an average opinion of the food. Nevertheless, their outdoor dining overlooking an inland waterway and the rustic/casual ambiance of the place (plus all the photos on the wall) make it a great place to go for decent seafood 2 miles or so from your hotel.

I assume you are staying at the LaQuinta near Oakwood Plaza in Hollywood, FL. If so, I would recommend the Rustic Inn Crabhouse which is on Ravenswood RD/Anglers Ave just north of Griffin Rd. based on your criteria mentioned. The seafood here is pretty good for Florida, but if you are from the Southern New Jersey shore or Maryland Eastern Shore area (like I am) you may have an average opinion of the food. Nevertheless, their outdoor dining overlooking an inland waterway and the rustic/casual ambiance of the place (plus all the photos on the wall) make it a great place to go for decent seafood 2 miles or so from your hotel.

ditto!

I'm staying at the Embassy Suites 17th street and really want to eat stone crabs when we visit. We will visit while they are in season. How far is it to Billy's stone Crab Rest.? and how can I get to it (cab/water taxi/ trolley). What would be the cost to get there? Are there any other restaurants that serve Stone crabs closer to Embassy suites?

If you have a rental car, you could venture over to Hollywood Beach to Billy's Stone Crabs (on the Intracoastal, across the street from the Broadwalk). You can still wear shorts here in November!

billy's stone crabs = yummy!!! :D

Archived