what to do in jamaca?

cary1306

hi have been to dunn rivers fall and zip line. now going back with three people total. i thought of rafting but hear it only seats two. what to do?

Haven't done it, but the various tours up to Bob Marley's village get good reviews. Our driver told us though that there isn't much reason to go there if you don't smoke grass, so I dunno.....

hi have been to dunn rivers fall and zip line. now going back with three people total. i thought of rafting but hear it only seats two. what to do?

How about going to an all-inclusive resort for the day? There are several to choose from depending on what port you are coming into. :)

Op, I am thinking the same thing as you. Been ziplining and Dunn River Falls. I am looking at excursions thru Island Marketing and Phil Lafayette tours. They both have some nice options, good prices and great reviews. I look for reviews and recommendations on here and on trip advisor. Good luck.

We were a group of 12 and presented Marva Shaw w/ a bit of a challenge as we wanted some adventure for our family group of 12, while also taking into consideration some mobility issues w/ my mom (she walks w/ a cane).

Marva met us as soon as we got off the ship in Falmouth, introduced us to Javia (her son) and off we went to Ocho Rios. First stop was at Coyaba Gardens. We had a brief (20 mins?) tour of the beautiful botanical gardens and the guide was pretty informational. The 7 kids (ages 9-19) were able to tolerate it and the 5 adults enjoyed it as well. Following the garden tour, our guide brought us down to the waterfalls. While they are certainly not as large as Dunns, it was private- no one else was there! We climbed around in the water, on the rocks and sunned in the small pools. Our time at Coyaba was great as the pathways were paved and the walk to the waterfall was down a smooth ramp. Once at the falls, my mom was able to easily get into one of the small pools while the kids explored. We stayed at the falls for a while - it was peaceful, beautiful and fun.

Following Coyaba, Javia took us to see "Carl the Spice Man". An older rasta who took time to show us various spices, gave us some awesome samples of fresh almonds and sugar cane, and just chatted with us. There is no cost (we did tip) for this quick 20 min diversion, but it was definitely interesting, seemed a lot more genuine, and we had a pleasant visit with Carl.

Our final stop was at the White River for tubing. We had done this before, but really enjoyed it and again, felt like it was a good activity for the kids as well as my mom. The guides were VERY good w/ my mom and ensured that she didn't get held up in any spots along the river. We stopped along the river to jump off the high banks in the river and it was great.

We had hoped to make a final stop at a beach near Falmouth, but we had really been taking our time w/ our other activities and didn't have time. We asked Javia to make a quick stop so that we could pick up some Jamaican patties and he took us to a great local spot. We picked up beef, chicken, and soy patties and I think it was about $18 for 16 patties. We were hungry and they hit the spot!

We all deemed the day a success and really enjoyed our time w/ Javia. He's super nice, informative, and very flexible. I appreciated the fact that Marva & her son were able to take our requests - fun for kids while accommodating my mom and make a fun day out of it!

Only bummer for us was the 1 hr drive from Falmouth to Ocho Rios, but Javia did make this part of the trek interesting for us.

did a tour of Dunns Falls and River rafting, fern gully with Phil and his daughter Tammy,...It was by far the best tour we have ever had in all ours years..

We had the pleasure go getting Tammy for the day, she not only sang cultural songs, told us all about her country, what to look out for what to do and what not to do..she was just amazing..

we were a group of 11...7 of us did the rafting, and we all had our indivual tubes with a Fantastic tour guide...it was great...

the other 4 did the falls...

http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com/

Archived