RC FOS excursion

buddy11

Has anyone done the 'Cayman Underwater Observatory & Island Tour' with Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas? If so I would like to hear from you please. The tour is 3hrs in total. 1 hr is on the underwater tour boat. How much time is given to the turtle farm visit and Hell? Are there any stops on the tour of Georgetown or is it just driving around it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Booked this tour through the ship as we had a very short day in Grand Cayman and wanted to make the most out of our day.

Was told to be at the tour area at the pier for 9.15am. Tour was to start at 9.30am, utter chaos standing around this area, all different tours leaving from the same spot. Eventually about 9.40am our tour was called. We followed a guy to a bus and drove for about 5 mins. We were no sooner off the bus when we were told the boat was out and we should sit and wait for it to come back in. After sitting around for about 10 mins or so we were told we were on the wrong boat tour, it was a mix up about ship time and Grand Cayman time. We were walked by a guide back to the pier which took about 5 - 10 mins. Once we got back to the pier there was a rep from Royal Carribbean who advised us the tour was cancelled and we would be refunded. The time is now 10.15am and we are left to do our own thing so we rebooked another tour of the island, quick stop at Hell (20 mins) and a hour at the turtle farm. The tour was to start at 11am but again it about 11.15am before we were even called for the tour and walk to the bus. So you could say the first 2 hours were spent standing around waiting for a tour. It was a very frustrating morning :mad:. 2 hours of our day was spent standing around.The tour of the island was enjoyable and the turtle farm was also very enjoyable.

I don't know why a time is put on a tour in Grand Cayman as nothing went on time. The mix up with the boat ride was a joke!. When I mentioned it to a rep at the excursion desk the next morning she said she knew nothing about any mix up on the tour the previous day. On my next cruise I am going to book all private tours as it is more enjoyable and straight forward.

Archived