CCL Dream the Truth..

I082692

My fam of 5 was on the Dream 2 weeks ago. Did my homework so had 2 adjoining and yes quite cabins. the lunch choices are all very good, but didnt always have the opportuinity to enjoy because we were off doing excursion in the 4 ports visited. I wish they had the mongolian, pasta bar, tandoori etc available past 3:30pm. I previewed the MDR menu everyday via the ship channel and 2 of the 7 nights i found myself looking for alternatives. Not the end of the world, but had pizza and hotdogs for lunch alot because we didnt/ couldnt make it back to the ship in time for the lunch specialty options. In the future i guess i will incur the additional cost and go to Chef Art on these two nights. I do love the idea of deck 5 being another outdoor deck but dont care for it being in the way of my view to the ocean when looking straight down to the water and i was on deck 9.. Would have really hated it if i was any lower than that. Again, not the end of the world but i may downgrade to a cove or an OV on my future cruise on the Magic. The ship is beautiful, the layout is what i am use to. if you need to get from front to back.. Jump up to 10 (Lido) or down to 5 and do it. look at the map posted above the elevator buttons and make a plan. No more movement was felt than any other ship i have been on and we had 6 ft seas. no big deal to me or anyone else around me that i am aware of.. Neither my family nor the other family we were with ever smelled anything bad. This is the first time i have ever set foot in the pool and this is my 8th cruise. I can go swimming in my own back yard. But my DD7 wanted to go so i went. Cool, refreshing. cant swim laps, other kids splashing me.. It is what it is.. not sure what the complainers expectations are here. Salt water.. Yeah.. So? fresh water showers are provided right next to the pools. Price wise.. Some people act like CCL is a ghetto cruiseline. Hmm, my adjoining balconies cost me just over 5k and it cost me 2k to get to fly there. Ended up a 10k vacation.. My family of 5 has a lot of choices for 10,000. But we are headed to Galveston to try out the Magic next summer so that should tell you something...

Thanks for your trip report on the Dream - sounds like you enjoyed yourself. I'm having issues lately with lunch options a bit later in the day on other ships, too --

I am not sure why so many have issues with the Dream, especially those that continually comment that have never set foot on the Dream - crazy. We're getting ready to board the Dream again in a few weeks, can't wait!

Welcome home.

Price wise.. Some people act like CCL is a ghetto cruiseline. Hmm, my adjoining balconies cost me just over 5k and it cost me 2k to get to fly there. Ended up a 10k vacation.. My family of 5 has a lot of choices for 10,000. But we are headed to Galveston to try out the Magic next summer so that should tell you something...

I hear ya! My family of 6 (plus nana) paid for two balconies on our last 9 day cruise and with all of the extra costs it ended up being close to $10,000. That's a big chunk of $$$ for most people. Yes, it's a great price but that doesn't mean it's "ghetto"...I don't know too many people living in the "ghetto" that could afford that kind of vacation! However, I will say that we sure did encounter a lot of "ghetto" behavior on our last cruise. I think idiots come in all income brackets :)

When people sometimes refer to the experience on Carnival as being ghetto, or trashy, or redneck, it doesn't really have to do with what your fellow cruisers make, or how much money they spent, but with their behavior, manners, consideration for others, etiquette, etc.

All the money in the world can't buy class, and usually those feeling the need to tell others how much money they have, or how much money they spend, are usually the same ones whose awful behavior prevents others from fully enjoying their cruise vacation.

When people sometimes refer to the experience on Carnival as being ghetto, or trashy, or redneck, it doesn't really have to do with what your fellow cruisers make, or how much money they spent, but with their behavior, manners, consideration for others, etiquette, etc.

All the money in the world can't buy class, and usually those feeling the need to tell others how much money they have, or how much money they spend, are usually the same ones whose awful behavior prevents others from fully enjoying their cruise vacation.

Very well said!!

Archived