Canadian Thanksgiving?

mosiegirl

I never gave it much thought when I booked our Sensation cruise, but we will be onboard during the Canadian Thanksgiving.. Will they be doing anything that night in the MDR? turkey, stuffing, etc??

I never gave it much thought when I booked our Sensation cruise, but we will be onboard during the Canadian Thanksgiving.. Will they be doing anything that night in the MDR? turkey, stuffing, etc??

In a word - no. Most American's unless they live in a border town don't even know when Canadian Thanksgiving is.

I can't imagine they would. Most of the passengers are American and (I believe anyway) the line is American and as mentioned above most have no idea that our Thanksgiving is at a different time. Grab a turkey sandwich from the deli and pretend ;)

-Marc

transplanted Canuck

Sadly, the answer is no. Americans don't recognize our holidays at all. What they do not know is Canadian thanksgiving is for the harvest and it is also much older than the US version of thanksgiving. We have it on the 2nd Monday in October when harvest is considered done.

They also don't have Boxing Day...the poor souls....everyone needs the day off after Xmas to do nothing but moan about eating too much the day before!!!!

Archived