New River and Lamanai Tour with RCCL

Moonstoners

I'm confused. I was just on the RCCL site, checking for shore excursions in Belize. When I put in my sailing (Splendour of the Seas, December 24 from Galveston), I got a list of possible excursions.

The one I"m interested in is the Lamanai and New River excursion, with a duration of 7 hours and 40 minutes. HOWEVER, it says we're only in Belize from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m., which is only 7 hours.

So, my questions are as follows:

Is the excursion shortened to fit the time we'll be in port?

Is the price different (hopefully less!) for a shorter excursion?

Thanks for any assistance that anyone may be able to offer.

R. Aubrey Hawton

Hi Aubrey, I highly recommend the Lamanai tour.

My understanding of the RCCI shore excursions board was that you are able to view *all* excursions for the port if you select "Browse". However if you want to know which ones are available for *your* cruise you need to select "Purchase". For this you would need your reservation number. You can go into "Purchase" and see which excursions are offered for your cruise without needing to purchase anything. If you are in "Purchase" and the excursion to Lamanai is offered then it is for sure available for you to go on.

If it is offered for your cruise my opinion is that they would shorten the time you are out there. Maybe you wouldn't have as long of a boat ride (we made lots of stops to look at things), or maybe you would have less time at the ruins (we had time to climb two pyramids and see five areas). I expect you would still pay the same :mad:

A friend of ours on our same cruise booked this with a private tour company. They spent less time at the ruins, got there after us and left before us, and saw less.

If you have a shorter time in port all the more reason to use the ship's excursions...they will wait.

Su

I'm confused. I was just on the RCCL site, checking for shore excursions in Belize. When I put in my sailing (Splendour of the Seas, December 24 from Galveston), I got a list of possible excursions.

The one I"m interested in is the Lamanai and New River excursion, with a duration of 7 hours and 40 minutes. HOWEVER, it says we're only in Belize from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m., which is only 7 hours.

So, my questions are as follows:

Is the excursion shortened to fit the time we'll be in port?

Is the price different (hopefully less!) for a shorter excursion?

Thanks for any assistance that anyone may be able to offer.

R. Aubrey Hawton

A great tour - highly recommended! I would only book this tour through the ship. We were on this tour with Princess and made the last tender back to the ship. Since we were on a ship's tour, we had no worries. If you have a limited port time, I would not risk an independent.

Enjoy Lamanai and your cruise!

How exciting that your cruise is coming up!! We just returned from our cruise, on the Radisson Seven Seas Navigator. In Belize, we did the New River cruise and the Lamanai Ruins. I was also worried about the time, however if you book with the cruise for the excursion, you will be fine. The guides keep very good track of time, and the boat will not leave without you. It may be a different story if you book the excursion independently.

Have a blast, we did!

You will be just fine on your excursion. My husband and I just returned from a cruise, where we stopped over in Belize for the New River cruise and Lamanai ruins. If you book through the ship, your time will be well monitored by the tour guide, and you will make it back in plenty of time. We were also worried about time, but no worries, because we were with a fairly large group of cruise passengers. It may be different, however, if you book independently, away from the cruise line. I would stick with excursions offered by your cruise line.

Have a BLAST! We did!

Archived