Getting from CS to Atlantis

livintocruz

We are a family of 13 people, ranging in age from 1 to 80 years old. I am hoping to be as organized as possible. I have reserved 3 rooms at CS. Does this pass from CS include "The Dig"? After I check in w/everyone present, what next?? I understand it is quite a walk to get to where we want to be. It sounds like you can get sent on a goose chase. Does anyone know if there is a map of Atlantis that I can download? Also where does the Atlantis sell these 'debit card' things? Sorry for all the questions, but you guys are the ones who know and can be trusted. I would appreciate any and all advice any of you have.

livintocruz

We've done it twice. I'm pretty sure you can go to the Dig. It is a pretty far walk - not sure how the 80 yr old will do. When you get to Atlantis it's a long walk to the waterpark too. There's probably a map on the website.

Do a search on Atlantis here on this forum. I asked about a map for Atlantis and someone provided the same one that you can download from Atlantis' website, but they included lots of good info. Waterpark admission includes the dig. If you get there early enough you can see the dig before heading to the waterpark.

Dont know about buying the debit card from Atlantis. We used our credit card for purchases.

It is about a 1/4 mile I would say. If you bring a debit or credit card you don't need to buy one there, you can use yours. Admission to the waterpark is the largest package you can buy so you can use the waterpark, the dig, MOST of th pools (with the exception of the ones for the higher paying guests, those are private) the Dig and the beach...

After you check in you will get a room card that has the number of adult/kids on them...tell them you want to check out at the same time you are checking in so you don't have to worry about it later...

You take you room card (it is paper, size of a credit card) to the Atlantis outside to the towl hut and you get your wristbands...from there you can go have fun!

You take you room card (it is paper, size of a credit card) to the Atlantis outside to the towl hut and you get your wristbands...from there you can go have fun!

Unfortunately, it's not that easy any more. you now have to take your room card to the lower level in the Royal Towers (I'm pretty sure it's the royal).. there are table set up downstairs to get your wristband.

Everyone in your party has to show up.. wristbands are put on each person, not handed out.

The distance from CS to the coral Towers (atlantis) entrance is about 500 ft. (it's across 2 lanes and up a short taxi entrance.) It add's only an extra few minutes to the long walks you'll have once you are on the Atlantis property.

If you have someone in your party who has trouble walking, this is not the place to go. There is far too much walking to get where you are going.

I have a bad knee.. and hips going on me. This place is torture on me.

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like a great family vacation! We really love Atlantis, The Digg and the water park.

Because you have young children and seniors, you might see about a wheelchair and stroller rentals. I don't even know if the cruise ship does this, but it would make it much easier on your group. The heat really zapped us, and the walk just to the cabs is fairly far to begin with. I tried posting a link with a generic pic of how far the walk to cabs is. They would be behind the large blue roofed building.

Once you get to the comfort suites, getting a cab for a portion of your group and meeting them at the Resort would be perfect. The walk to Atlantis wasn't bad for us, but my grandma wouldn't have enjoyed it. There will be plenty of walking to the pools and through the Digg.

Let me know if you have any questions! :D I can't wait to visit with my entire extended family on vacation!

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/63935/63935,1218385863,3/stock-photo-nassau-cruise-ship-dock-15962974.jpg

We just got back. By the time you walk from CS to Atlantis, through the dig, and out to the attractions, then back to the front for a cab, it feels like you've walked through a small/mid sized theme park. It was fine for my family and kids, but the very young or very old would have a problem.

I was surprised to see they took cash for food. I had read on the boards that it was credit card only. Not sure if this is a recent development or not.

Archived