Taxi touring....

USAF2180

Was wondering if anyone has recently just taken a taxi and just gone around. There hasn't been any excursions that I've like on this island, so we've been thinking about just getting off the boat and grabbing a cab. If anyone has done this recently, let me know how much it was and what you did, or any recommendations you may have. Thanks

I took a taxi tour of the island with my sister and three couples in May of this year. The taxi driver's name was Iron, and he gave a very good tour. Unfortunately, but I did not get any other information about him. The cost of the tour was $25.

During the tour, we drove through the rain forest, saw the drinking pigs ($1 or $2 fee), toured the Rum factory ($5 fee), drove through a gated subdivision, and spent some time in Christensted. Also, Iron was very knowledgeable about the fruits and plants on the island, and he showed us a wide variety. It was a very good tour and it lasted approximately four hours.

I took a taxi tour of the island with my sister and three couples in May of this year. The taxi driver's name was Iron, and he gave a very good tour. Unfortunately, but I did not get any other information about him. The cost of the tour was $25.

During the tour, we drove through the rain forest, saw the drinking pigs ($1 or $2 fee), toured the Rum factory ($5 fee), drove through a gated subdivision, and spent some time in Christensted. Also, Iron was very knowledgeable about the fruits and plants on the island, and he showed us a wide variety. It was a very good tour and it lasted approximately four hours.

Thank you, sounds like something that we'd be interested in. Was it easy getting off the ship and finding a cab and negotiating a rate?

We had no problem finding a taxi driver. The problem (on that day anyway) was the taxi driver finding enough people to fill his van for an island tour. Most of the passengers on our ship only wanted to go to a beach or to Christensted.

We were first for the tour, so we ended up waiting another half hour or so before Iron could get more people. However, the tour still would have been $25 even if he had been unable to add anyone else:).

We had no problem finding a taxi driver. The problem (on that day anyway) was the taxi driver finding enough people to fill his van for an island tour. Most of the passengers on our ship only wanted to go to a beach or to Christensted.

We were first for the tour, so we ended up waiting another half hour or so before Iron could get more people. However, the tour still would have been $25 even if he had been unable to add anyone else:).

thank you for the info:)

Archived