Carnival Employees

Coolcruise02

Late one night while getting some hot chocolate I found a Carnival Cruise Line Magazine "Seaview" on a cleaning station. This must be their "news" magazine for employees. I noticed the cover said Farewell Jubilee, so I picked it up, as the Jubilee was our first cruise.

I was so moved by the articles of ship employees doing charity work on various islands. The Pride crew was helping a family rebuild their home in Mazatlan, the Glory crew was helping schools in Belize and another ship was helping out with a school project in the US.

It also included stories of employee partys, events, milestone years of service, and skill courses completed. Some of the crew parties were very creative, like the "Uniform Swap Party". That looked like fun!

On one ship they raise money for their charity work from the crew by putting a coin drop next to the paymaster's office. So it's very possible some of the tips you leave your waiter or steward might be then dropped in a donation box for charity work. :)

So the Jubilee is leaving Carnival? Forgive me, but I have been out of the loop for a while since I haven't had a cruise in a couple of years. I am just now getting back to the boards, and I find I have missed a lot of juicy details! :confused:

Yes, the Jubilee was transfered to sister company P & O Cruises Australia. She underwent extensive refurbishing and is now named Pacific Sun. It is now based year round in Austalia. I think this happened last fall. We loved our first cruise on the Jubilee and now we are hooked. :)

Yes, the Jubilee was transfered to sister company P & O Cruises Australia.

Formerly sailing in the US as Carnival Cruises’ Jubilee, Pacific Sun

from

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/sun_dawns_1.cfm

P&O’s Pacific Sun (previously Carnival Cruises M/S Jubilee built in 1986) is now permanently based in Sydney.

from

http://www.e-cruiseworld.com/pacificsun.htm

Yes, the Jubilee was transfered to sister company P & O Cruises Australia. She underwent extensive refurbishing and is now named Pacific Sun. It is now based year round in Austalia. I think this happened last fall. We loved our first cruise on the Jubilee and now we are hooked. :)

Well, poo! I did NOT enjoy my cruise on the Jubilee, but it was not in any way due to Carnival, the ship, or the staff. I took this cruise with my ex right after I asked him for a divorce. I tried to get him to go on the cruise without me, but he would have none of that and would have let the cruise go to waste if I didn't go on it with him. Not wanting to throw away all that money, I went ahead and went on the cruise making it perfectly clear I wanted no part of him! He made me miserable the entire week. I barely remember any of the ship. I was hoping to get to go on her again and erase the bad memories someday . . .

Guest Time2gocruzn
Thanks! It is nice to know that employees are helping others. I would only hope Carnival Corportaion also helps those in need!

The info book/binder in our cabin on the Miracle said they also donate things they can no longer use to the ports they visit. It listed things like furniture, blankets, pillows, sheets, towels and some other stuff. :) It may be used stuff, but I am sure it is still nice, and it is so much better to pass it on to those who can use it rather than just throw it away!

Archived