Galveston boarding questions (Carnival Ecstasy)

DH30

My wife and I are leaving on our first cruise this coming Monday and have a few boarding questions:

1 - What time can we start boarding? I have heard that if you start early it is a little quicker.

2 - Where is the best place to park?

3 - Can you drop your baggage off and then park?

Also, any other tips you have might be appreciated.

Congratulations on your first cruise!

Galveston is my home port... sailed from there many times.

I like to get to the cruise terminal no later than 10:30, preferably about 10. Keeps you ahead of the crowd and gets you a low zone number... low zone number=early boarding time. Once you're finished checking in sit in the far right corner of the waiting area... that area is called first for boarding.

I use 'EZ Park n Cruise' You can prepay online and I believe it's $35 for a 5 day cruise. They have a great shuttle service to get you to the pier and back and it's close!

You certainly can drop your checked bags off, go park can come back via the shuttle. Remember, the porters aren't Carnival employees and it's traditional to tip them a buck or two per bag you check... cheap insurance...

You will love the Ecstasy... the ship and the crew are amazing. DO NOT miss your cruise director's, Steve Cassel, show Extreme Country. Simply amazing! Steve is one of the finest violinists/fiddle players I've ever seen!!

Enjoy dinner as often as possible in the main dining room... wonderful food fantastic service! Watch the Fun Times for the ice sculpture show out on the Lido Deck... amazing. Do not miss the Marriage Show... wonderfully funny.

;)

My wife and I are leaving on our first cruise this coming Monday and have a few boarding questions:

1 - What time can we start boarding? I have heard that if you start early it is a little quicker.

2 - Where is the best place to park?

3 - Can you drop your baggage off and then park?

Also, any other tips you have might be appreciated.

They generally start letting people on the ship around Noon.

We park at EZ Cruise Parking. I drop off our bags and DW at the cruise terminal first and then park the car. I walk back to the cruise terminal which is only about three blocks away.

EZ cruise does have busses that will take everyone and the luggage back and forth to the cruise terminal but I think the way I do it is is quicker.

When we get back, I leave DW and the luggage at the cruise terminal and I walk to EZ Cruise to pick up the car.

Congratulations on your first cruise!

Galveston is my home port... sailed from there many times.

I like to get to the cruise terminal no later than 10:30, preferably about 10. Keeps you ahead of the crowd and gets you a low zone number... low zone number=early boarding time. Once you're finished checking in sit in the far right corner of the waiting area... that area is called first for boarding.

I use 'EZ Park n Cruise' You can prepay online and I believe it's $35 for a 5 day cruise. They have a great shuttle service to get you to the pier and back and it's close!

You certainly can drop your checked bags off, go park can come back via the shuttle. Remember, the porters aren't Carnival employees and it's traditional to tip them a buck or two per bag you check... cheap insurance...

;)

EZ Park N Cruise must be a new place.

I second Host Mach on the do-not-miss Country show. Steve Cassel is outstanding! We saw the same show on the Paradise and believe me, Steve made this show even better!

Galveston is not my home port - Long Beach is. We arrived around 11am and had to wait a while to get onboard. But the nice thing was that by the time we did get on the ship, we were able to go directly to the room.

If they have tea time, GO. Delicious tea and pastries and we had a great time talking to some of the other guests.

If you eat at the Lido, try the deli. The sandwiches are delicious. I would have eaten there every day if I could have.

I miss the Ecstacy. :(

The attendants at EZ cruise parking will assist you with luggage. We take car and luggage to the lot, park, unload luggage, they will load it onto the van and drive you over to the cruise terminal and unload your luggage to the porters. At the end of the cruise they will pick you and your luggage up and reverse the process.

I personally like to use Galveston park n cruise.....Just 40 for a 5 day, completely covered and directly across from the terminal so after you drop your bags at the terminal head on over to park and then just walk to across the street back to the terminal to board!

We love Ecstasy....cruised on her 4 times!! We use Lighthouse parking and they do the same: shuttle you and your luggage to and from port. Their parking is all covered. You can prepay for savings online. We get to the port about 9:30 and board within a few hours. I agree about going to tea on sea days!! Love it! Also eat some breakfasts & lunches in the dining room. Very nice. Also try the milk shakes and huge cakes from the coffee shop (costs a bit extra) but worth it. You picked a great ship for your cruise! Have fun!!

I personally like to use Galveston park n cruise.....Just 40 for a 5 day, completely covered and directly across from the terminal so after you drop your bags at the terminal head on over to park and then just walk to across the street back to the terminal to board!

I agree about Galveston Park n Cruise, no shuttles to wait on because they are literally right across the street from the terminal entrance. We used them last time we went and could not have been happier.

I agree about Galveston Park n Cruise, no shuttles to wait on because they are literally right across the street from the terminal entrance. We used them last time we went and could not have been happier.

AGREED! Galveston Park n cruise is way more convenient than EZ; but if they fill up - EZ is great as well. All of these parking areas are not that far from the Terminal. Drop your bags off and then park the car, walk to the terminal or catch a shuttle - piece of cake. Have Fun!

DH30,

We'll be on the same cruise with you. If boarding time is similar to Conquest 2 yrs ago, we arrived at 11 am and encountered no lines. We were done checking in and S&S card in hand by 11:15. Boarding started at 11:30. We were in the second grouping so with waiting for boarding pictures etc. was on board and in Lido by 12:00.

Unless someone who has gone on Ecstasy shares differently, we'll be repeating that schedule. Also, my bro in law usually drops us off so we haven't had to deal with parking.

AGREED! Galveston Park n cruise is way more convenient than EZ; but if they fill up - EZ is great as well. All of these parking areas are not that far from the Terminal. Drop your bags off and then park the car, walk to the terminal or catch a shuttle - piece of cake. Have Fun!

Thats why I prepaid as soon as I booked the cruise!! :D

Archived