Inspiration Boarding Times

triathmom

We're sailing the Inspiration on 9/24 and staying at the Embassy Suites Westshore the night before. We'd like to be on board as early as possible (of course!). Realistically, what can we expect that morning? What time should we get there to be among the first on the ship?

I don't want to show up ridiculously early, but I don't want to spend unneccessary time at the hotel either!

Thanks for your help!

My son and I sailed on the Inspiration in May. We arrived at the port a little after 10:30a. We experienced almost no lines. We did have about a 20 minute wait before they called are zone number. It was our 1st cruise and everyone at the Tampa port was friendly and helpful.

I just checked the USF Bulls football schedule, and they will be playing a home game at Raymond James Stadium at some point on 9/24. I would aim to get to the port as early as possible, as you don't want to get caught in the traffic jam that is I-275!

Enjoy Inspiration!

Thanks! What time were you able to board the ship after arriving at 10:30?

I boarded at 11:15 but that was VIP so take it with a grain of salt. I'm guessing that the general boarding started no more than 15 minutes later...

Don't forget to watch the ship sail under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge about 2 hours and 15 minutes after y'all set sail... VERY cool!

:)

Boarding will usually be dependent upon getting the 'all clear'... Mom and I got to the port around 10:30, by the time we had our sign and sail cards it was no more than 15 or 20 minutes of waiting in the terminal...Think we were on board by 11:30, and we had a zone 9 boarding card... they do go pretty quick!

The above info is "right on". Having worked aboard the Carnival ships when they are in port in Tampa, I'd say that you can arrive at the port between 10:30 and 11, and more often than not, the ship starts actually boarding new passengers no earlier than 11:00 A.M. Keep in mind that sometimes they have "wedding parties" that go aboard first, then come the handicapped, and those needing additional assistance, then VIP, and at last, the general public. In any case, 11:30 to cross the gangway is realistic IMO. ;)

Have a GREAT cruise, aboard an outstanding ship!

"SKY"

Archived