Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling

chamberbear

We booked the Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling through Carnival in Grand Cayman. Since then, it no longer shows up under excursions. If I click on the excursion under my activities, it just says no details available. Does anyone know what this means. Have they cancelled it? We have not heard anything from Carnival, including an email I sent them regarding this. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't help with your question, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, we did this last summer. I will tell you, if they are cancelling on you, you aren't missing anything.

It was VERY disappointing. :(

It's not really a shipwreck...more of a flattened ship. The ship's name was the Cali. It was beached on purpose in a storm and then sank 1/2 way anyway. They flattened it because it stuck out of the water and was a hazard. It's not very far offshore.

I think if you google the Cali in Grand Cayman you can find out more info.

I don't know if Carnival offers the catamaran sail & snorkel to the USS Kittiwake sunken ship, but we just did that one and that was great!

Good luck!

Which would you recommend the snorkle at the new K ship or the helmet dive--which says it is near the port? I can't decide. Thank you!

i've never done a helmet dive as we prefer to go off and snorkel on our own.

but...usually things to see are better further offshore than right off the shoreline...

sorry not more help

Archived