Has anyone stayed at the Newport Beachside Resort?

jalakim

Hi,

We are looking for a place to stay precruise in the Miami area. There are six of us( three couples) and I came across thei Newport Beach Resort, where you can get a two bedroom unit with a sofa bed that sleeps six. It seems quite reasonable and the pics look good, but I have been burned by pics before. Can ayone give me any info on it?

Thanks

Kim

It's just another old tired hotel that's been many different brands over the years. There's major construction going on (high rise condo) right next door, VERY close. Also if you won't have a rental car it's a long ways from the port. There's also not much in the Sunny Isles Beach area except condos. You may want to look at something in South Beach, and always remember, you get what you pay for.

Thanks Trent,

I have another question. We were going to get a rental car. We are going to be in Miami two days pre cruise. Are there any rental agencies that have a drop off near the port. The last time we cruised out of Miami, we rented form an agency near the airport and took us forever to return the car and wait for someone to take us back to the port. We would love to avoid that this time.

You are such a great wealth of information. I have read many of your post on the site. They should just have a category " Ask Trent"

Thanks for all your help to me and countless many other travellers.

Kim

LOL, thanks... Enterprise has a location in downtown Miami, and Budget has one in the Sheraton Hotel on Brickell, but that hotel is closing in June and I don't know if that location is moving or just going away.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, the rest are all at the airport. If you do try to use one of those make sure you can drop the car there without a charge.

If you don't want to wait for the shuttle from the airport to the port you can always take the airport shuttle and then grab a taxi. Taxis are a $21 flat rate from MIA to the port, but it might be a lot faster and easier than standing around waiting.

Yeah... I meant if you returned the rental car to the airport location and didn't want to wait around for their shuttle to the port you could take it over to the airport terminal (since they run a lot more frequently) and then grab a taxi to take you to the port. It would cost $21 that way, but at least you wouldn't have to wait around so long.

Archived