Dawn observation decks

Murphey

The closest you can get to the front is Lido Deck in front of the Horizon Court. You get their from Sun Deck. There's a door on Aloha Deck but earlier in the month there was a sign on the door advising you not to go out there. I did just to take a couple of pictures but it's right below the bridge so I didn't go out very far nor for very long.

Why can't you to use the observation deck? Is it dangerous to be out there?

We will be on the Dawn April 19th. I was looking forward to being out on the front of the ship.

Patricia

Why can't you to use the observation deck? Is it dangerous to be out there?

We will be on the Dawn April 19th. I was looking forward to being out on the front of the ship.

Patricia

It can get *very* windy at the front of the ship when it is moving.

It is really windy at the front when the ship is moving. I also think that the doors slamming with the wind would disturb the people in the cabins near the doorS. Since you can see from the Lido deck it's really wasn't an issue for me.

On all the Sun class ships there are outside forward decks on Aloha, Baja and Caribe. Usually the doors have a sign that they are unlocked between sunrise and sunset. It can be windy there but also are great spots of viewing and usually fairly empty. I usually try to get an inside cabin nearby so I can get outside quicky if in a scenic spot. Great in Alaska to be able to duck inside quickly and warm up :)

Doug

On all the Sun class ships there are outside forward decks on Aloha, Baja and Caribe. Usually the doors have a sign that they are unlocked between sunrise and sunset. It can be windy there but also are great spots of viewing and usually fairly empty. I usually try to get an inside cabin nearby so I can get outside quicky if in a scenic spot. Great in Alaska to be able to duck inside quickly and warm up :)

Doug

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks. The forward decks are great when you are just "floating" around Glacier Bay or College Fjord.

Archived