Luggage Question for a Rookie Cruiser

DH30

OK......I am leaving in a few hours. I had panned on being early, but that has changed and now it looks like we will be boarding about the time our room is ready. I am taking two bags (one suitcase and a backpack). That being said, is there any reason that I should not carry both bags on? This would ensures that I have all my stuff right away and also ensure that my baggage is handled carefully.

I would say IF your room is ready that will be just fine BUT if it isn't for some reason that would be a drag to have to haul your luggage around the ship until it is. It worked great for us to just check the bag at the terminal curb and then just deal with our carry on. just my $.02, have a Safe and Wonderful cruise. :)

I did not think about the X-ray. This bag might not fit. Maybe I'll just check the one bag.

Good thinking! I'd absolutely check the larger bag. You don't even have to print out the luggage tag for it. When you get to the ship, and the luggage handler, ask him to please put a tag on the bag, and he can look up your cabin number, and affix a tag to your bag. Just make sure he does indeed put a tag on it, and that the tag has the correct cabin number on it. NO PROBLEM MON!

Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"

It is easier and more relaxing to walk on board without a lot of carry-on bags. There are a few stops and check points along the way from check-in, to security, to sign & sail photo, to gangway, to Sail Away photo, to ship, etc, and hauling a lot of bags makes it more challenging. The baggage handlers are awesome and we have never had a problem getting our bags to the room in a timely matter.

Bon Voyage and have a great cruise!:)

Archived