We have gone to the dark side! not really...

Agocruisin

Hi,

after 5 carnival cruises, we have just booked a RCI Voyager of the Seas in two weeks. The price was right, and honestly our last cruise (Victory November 2004) was not up to Carnival standard.

Anyone sail both can tell us what major differences are?

TIA!

Ago... I

Can not wait to hear how your RCC cruise goes!!! I have done Carnival and NCL and enjoyed them both (though DH and 2 Teens would rather Carnival than NCL , hence our trip in July). I LOVED NCL...

now...my parents are SOOOO tied to sailing RCC, (they have 6 cruises under thier belts with them) they will not do the "Fun Ship" and I would love to cruise with my mom and dad and my kids...

So..how do we decide on a ship or a cruise line????? Ago...I hope you bring back an answer!!!

Best wishes for a GREAT CRUISE!!!

I personally think that you did a good thing and will be happy with your choice. I just cancelled a cruise with Carnival as they continue to slide IMHO. I am tired of their constant hawking for more on board revenue. Those Voyager class ships are something else. Nothing Carnival has in their fleet can compare to them.

We have cruised both quite a few times. Carnival, five times and RCCI, four times. We are a family of five with kids 12, 16, and 18. The kids prefer RCCI-Voyager class. My DH and I feel they are just too close to call. My kids are all into the ice-skating, rock-climbing and putt-putt so they feel there is more for them to do. However, Carnival has just as many activities with the arcade, teen club and the basketball court (which BTY, RCCI also has). They just have to look a little harder to find the "teen" fun on Carnival. As for the food, shows and overall look and feel of the ship, you can't go wrong with either one! The decor is very similar since Carnival turned it down a notch with the newer ships. I think the Destiny class and Conquest (?) class ships are a better comparison to the Voyager class than say the Spirit class. Those are more like the Radiance class of RCCI. (This is probably way more info than you needed!)

You truly can't go wrong with either one and there will be pros and cons to both. I'm trying to think of "major" differences and I just can't find any one thing. I probably prefer Carnival cabins as they seem to do a better job of making the most out of every square inch of space. Storage is just unbelievable to me in these cabins and we never seem to have all the crap laying around that we do on RCCI. However, the balconies tend to be a little larger on RCCI. I love Carnival's entrees in the dining room but prefer the desserts on RCCI. Pizza is definitely better on Carnival but you can't beat Johnny Rocket's on RCCI. Service overall has been equal on both. We have had good and bad (though never reaaaaaaaaaaaly bad on either).

Let us know when you get back what you thought!

i really liked the voyager of the seas. in my opinion there is nothing like the voyager class of ships. the promanade is just amazing.

I really liked the Voyager also, there is nothing like it.

I see you've sailed many of the same ships I have.

The Viking Serenade was my first cruise also.

Reggie:D

Hi,

after 5 carnival cruises, we have just booked a RCI Voyager of the Seas in two weeks. The price was right, and honestly our last cruise (Victory November 2004) was not up to Carnival standard.

Anyone sail both can tell us what major differences are?

TIA!

Good choice,great ship.As long as you are active you will love this class of ship.My favorite!!!!!

Steve

We leave on the Carnival Valor tomorrow, 1st Carnival ship..Have to say it will have to really dazzle us, our favorite cruise so far was on the AOS, voyager class last year. Awesome ship! As others have mentioned, the Promanade is out of this world! Have a great cruise!

We've sailed the Mariner and the Navigator on RCCL, and the Glory, Legend, Imagination and Ecstacy on Carnival. The Glory would be the best comparison as it's the closest to a Voyager class ship. We like both lines. We feel that the service and food are comparable on both lines, although Carnival does have a slight edge in the food department. The Voyager class has the ice shows, but Carnival has more late night comedy. The "vegas" style shows are comparable.

On the sailings we've done we feel that Carnival has a more "fun" atmosphere and RCCL has a more "relaxed" atmosphere. Not that RCCL has a foot in the grave, but even with the rock climbing and ice skating our experiences is that it is a bit more subdued. We're not saying that makes one better that the other, but it depends on what your cruising goal is. If we find an itinerary on both that we like and we're down to having to choose between the two, it's usually all about the price.

All that being said, we have never had a bad cruise on either. Sure there are things that we've liked about one cruise line over the other, but when it all evens out, it's just too close to call. Either way you'll have a great time. It is fun trying new ships and lines. It keeps the cruising fresh and new.

Archived