Valor vs Caribbean Princess

oceanvac

We are booked on the Valor this summer after going on the Caribbean Princess last summer. Is there anyone that could could give me an overall comparison (aside from the fresh water pool on Princess). We had a great time on the Paradise a couple of years ago. I feel the kids enjoyed Carnival hands down over Princess.

thanks

Lee

We were on the Valor 2-27 eastern and had a great time. I am interested in the Caribbean Princess on my next cruise. What are you comments about your experience on the Princess ship. I have never sailed on Princess, only Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Have a great trip on the Valor!

The Caribbean Princess is a beautiful ship I loved the way everything is layed out, however, the service was nothing like we had on the Paradise. We saw our steward maybe 3 times the whole week, and when we asked for something he would give us a look like we were bothering him, one time I asked to have sodas put in our room when he made it up and his reply was that it wasn't his job to get them I would have to call room service. Now on Carnival there was always water and sodas in the room. Princess had a lot fewer things to offer my kids (ages 15 and 11) as Carnival had games and had them involved with more activities. I felt the shows were better on Carnival.

The food was great. We especially liked the fresh water pools and movies under the stars.

Be aware though, that there is an ice cream bar on the Caribbean Princess that you have to pay extra for.

aside from that, we had a great time.

The Caribbean Princess is a beautiful ship I loved the way everything is layed out, however, the service was nothing like we had on the Paradise. We saw our steward maybe 3 times the whole week, and when we asked for something he would give us a look like we were bothering him, one time I asked to have sodas put in our room when he made it up and his reply was that it wasn't his job to get them I would have to call room service. Now on Carnival there was always water and sodas in the room. Princess had a lot fewer things to offer my kids (ages 15 and 11) as Carnival had games and had them involved with more activities. I felt the shows were better on Carnival.

The food was great. We especially liked the fresh water pools and movies under the stars.

Be aware though, that there is an ice cream bar on the Caribbean Princess that you have to pay extra for.

aside from that, we had a great time.

Ahhh! the make it or break it free soft serve ice cream!!!!

I was on Caribben Princess last Oct. Loved Monday night football. Our room steward was not as friendly as we had on Carnival. However service was great. I felt more relaxed on Carnival Legend although the food service was better on CP. Was great to be able to watch a movie during the day and get a tan. I would take either line depending on price.

Archived