Voted "Meanest Mom"

We didn't discover cruising until our kids were out of their teens. Now that they're in their 20's they think we're mean for not taking them cruising. I keep telling them if they want to play, they have to pay! ;)

My kids wonder too why we didn't do this stuff when they were little---I just tell them I love the grandkids more!!

Our 22 year old college daughter didn't want to join us on the Enchantment because "only gray-haired old people go on cruises". I called her cell phone from Key West and loudly whined,

"Sweetie, I'm miserable. Some fraternity is having their national spring break 2005 conference on our ship and these 18-25 year old guys are everywhere! Well, Mom loves you and I hope you have a great week at work!"

I hung up before she could cry! I didn't want to have to explain that I was NOT telling the truth. In reality, many of our fellow cruisers were in our 30's and 40's. Everyone standing around us roared with laughter and voted me "meanest mom"! Then I had to run around the ship and look for young men to snap pictures of to perpetrate my myth! I think that my dear daughter will sail with us next time!

Eat key lime pie in Key West and play pranks on your kids - a new fun excursion idea!

ladybug, lolllllllll!

last april we almost had to beg our 20yr old d. daughter to join us on adventure os turns out she had the time of her life;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dean & alice

Archived