Ice cream on Summit?

cruzaddict

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but,does the Summit have ice cream that you don't have to pay for? Like the soft-serve kind? On Princess they had a Haagen-Daaz,but you had to pay extra for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a friend who is an ice cream "fanatic"!

On the Mercury, a few weeks ago, the soft-serve was frozen yogurt. They had vanilla, strawberry and chocolate at lunchtime. Only one machine was operated in the afternoon and that was for vanilla and strawberry...so it was necessary to get my chocolate fix at noon! No charge for that or for the ice cream.

Ice cream isn't "free," it's included in the price you pay. I've never understood why something as simple as ice cream would cost extra on a cruiseline. Along the same line, why not charge for bacon or brownies or pizza?
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way. Thats why I will never ever ever buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream when I sail Royal Caribbean (I consider it my own personal protest). Like you said ice cream should be included in the price of the cruise.

During the breakfast in the morning this case is filled with danish to choose from. Then all afternoon it is ICE CREAM! Sherbet, Sorbet, and delicious homemade ice cream. Offered on a cone including freshly made waffle cones or in a dish.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but,does the Summit have ice cream that you don't have to pay for? Like the soft-serve kind? On Princess they had a Haagen-Daaz,but you had to pay extra for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a friend who is an ice cream "fanatic"!

Just like the spas on ship, these specialty stores that sell ice cream, coffee, restaurants all charge to pay for their lease. They lease the space from the ship & staff their own workers who have to pay for room & board too.

Ice cream isn't "free," it's included in the price you pay. I've never understood why something as simple as ice cream would cost extra on a cruiseline. Along the same line, why not charge for bacon or brownies or pizza?

First night on the ship, met the CD who I emailed before we boarded to say HI when my TA gave me his info. We boarded & he comes up to welcome us, took us to our CC stateroom to put carryons, then around the ship to see everything planned & meet some of the boarding lecturers and have a pizza between all of us.

Then we went thru the buffet, huge line & we were not ready & then over to the ice cream area & Ramone who was serving. They had just came to Dover from a Baltic cruise, so Russian coffee was to be a special, Russian clothes & jewelry, and he had some left over RED BEET SHERBET! I looked a DDerek & said "Frozen Borscht???" So I took a waffle cone of it & it was fabulous. SO we all ate him out of it!!!! Became a joke the rest of the cruise...............

The best (MHO - of any cruiseline) is served with dinner. Best dessert (or 1/2 depending on other choices) ever eaten. That with a couple cups of coffee to finish of the even is an excellent way to end a dinner.

Did notice they had ice cream in the buffet, no charge. We don't usually do a sugar fix mid day (or hit the buffet that often) so can't comment on the quality.

Did notice they had ice cream in the buffet, no charge. We don't usually do a sugar fix mid day (or hit the buffet that often) so can't comment on the quality.
It's probably just as well that you never found out -- this likely saved you a difficult fit on the last formal night! On the whole, it's EXCELLENT. Reminds me a bit of Pat Mitchell's back in upstate NY. My two favorites, if I had to pick, would be the coconut sorbet and the cinnamon ice cream. The dietetic ice creams are purchased (haven't tried those), but all others are locally (very) made.

The ice cream is made on board from scratch except for the sugar free ice cream. It is not only available in the afternoon, but also available for dessert at dinner.

On one of our cruises a tablemate made a comment about the blueberry icecream being his favorite and our waiter had some put away for him the remainder of the cruise. Every night he was served some blueberry ice cream with fresh blueberries on the side.

Don't forget about the sorbet parade poolside in the afternoon - the waiters come around with hollowed out lemons, oranges, etc. filled with sorbet.

It's probably just as well that you never found out -- this likely saved you a difficult fit on the last formal night! On the whole, it's EXCELLENT. Reminds me a bit of Pat Mitchell's back in upstate NY. My two favorites, if I had to pick, would be the coconut sorbet and the cinnamon ice cream. The dietetic ice creams are purchased (haven't tried those), but all others are locally (very) made.

Thats why George rents a tux, its adjustable ;). All of the ice cream at dinner is excellent, the best have pistachio (glad Ma Belle and I can agree on something), walnut, pecan, etc. Toffee based ice creams are also very good. Heck, the plain vanilla is fine.

Not sure if you meant diabetic vs. dietitic. We were tablemates with one person was diabetic and he never complained about dessert, in fact looked forward to it.

Archived