St. Thomas

Dottie P

We did Coral World and added the semi sub which was fun. You really dont feel closed in and each person had their own window. They have a diver who goes out and finds some critters and carefully handles them and passes by each and every window so everyone can see.

He also feeds the fish to draw them close and again will pass by every window. The water was a bit merky that day but still worth the sub trip.

On land all the exhibits were great. We were walking towards the back where they have a covered area for parties and restrooms. I was standing by the fence enjoying the view by a tree when the teee branches started moving:eek: That tree must of had 200 large Iguanas resting on the branches. I was startled but had agood laugh as soon as I saw what was happeninjg. Got some great photos.

you can go to www.coralworld.com and read all about whats there.

I agree, only go with a ships tour as its across the island a ways and the traffic if terrible. We actually got back late but they waited for us since we were on a Disney excursion. Missed the first 45 minutes of dinner but they quickly caught us up.

Beaches are awesome but we always save our beach day for Castaway Cay. We like to tour the islands to see what they look like.

Paradise sky tram offers a great view. That you can do on your own if you have extra time. If you dock its within walking distance, but if you tender you need a cab to get your there. The buckets you ride in do rock with the wind. Just so you know.

If you have young kids the Butterfly farm is nice for them.

Kathy

Absolutely loved Coral World. Did the Sea Lion adventure, a little pricey, and used the lockers and shower facilities all day. Food expensive and just ok. Beach was free and clean. Vendors want your $$ but as a tourist, you have to understand that. Water was clear and loads of fish come to you seeking food. Locals give you dog biscuits for the fish but some people say not to feed the fish. Sea lions in the AM, beach after noon, Great Day!!

Archived