just booked Century handicapped room 1200 to hawaii

kjoeb

is this room located in a good area? i'm concerned about motion and wind. any advise? thanks kb

Hello kjoeb,

Anxious to hear responses to this, as we are booked in the exact same cabin from Sydney to Honolulu in March. Our T/A has assured us that we'll love it, but who knows? Not sure who is traveling first, but if it is us, I'll try to post a response of our experience for you. (Plus we'll try to leave the suite in great shape for you! <g>)

This is in a fantastic location. It is right next to the mid ship elevators. It is just inside the doors leading outside to the deck overlooking the pool, so you're just a few feet from a wonderful outdoor location. I is also one flight above the entrance to the buffet, so you are very close to that.

I would consider the sky suites on deck 12 to be the best location on the ship overall as far as we are concerned.

The only possible issue I can think of is that one of the general cruise recommendations about motion sickness, for any ship, is that to avoid it one should find a cabin that is midship and on a low level. Your cabin is close to mid-ship so that should be fine but it is on the very top level of the ship so it will be subject to more side-to-side rolling motion of the ship than a cabin on a lower level.

We've stayed on this deck on the Galaxy (very similar design ship) and never had an issue at all but if you are very sensitive to motion you might want to consider moving to a lower level.

Archived